mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New here - Just got the MOXF8 yesterday!  Woohoo!!"

Posted on: September 20, 2017 @ 10:33 AM
Hideout
Total Posts:  11
Joined  09-20-2017

I sure I’m going to have a lot of questions in due time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2017 @ 11:06 AM
Hideout
Joined  09-20-2017

Ok just thought of one.
I’m considering the 10th Anniversary Pack and am curious about how much space the samples take up.
Are they going to take up most of the 512 meg it comes with? Oh and, is it worth it?
Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2017 @ 05:00 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Congrats on your new MOXF8. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

The Chick’s Mark V (Rhodes) samples are about 400 MB, so that would take up a large part of a 512 MB flash module.

Whether the 10th Anniversary Pack is “worth it” depends on a few factors. How much it will cost you is probably the primary one, followed by whether you would otherwise buy the contents of the Pack separately. If the contents you would purchase individually cost more than the Pack, then I suppose it’s “worth it”. Note that at least some of the coupons included are past expiration date.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2017 @ 02:09 AM
Hideout
Joined  09-20-2017
5pinDIN - 20 September 2017 05:00 PM

Congrats on your new MOXF8. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

The Chick’s Mark V (Rhodes) samples are about 400 MB, so that would take up a large part of a 512 MB flash module.

Whether the 10th Anniversary Pack is “worth it” depends on a few factors. How much it will cost you is probably the primary one, followed by whether you would otherwise buy the contents of the Pack separately. If the contents you would purchase individually cost more than the Pack, then I suppose it’s “worth it”. Note that at least some of the coupons included are past expiration date.

Thanks, 5pinDin. Yeah I realize it’s an old item but I was mainly interested in the Chick Corea samples and some of the drum samples. I suppose the patterns would be useful too.
I guess what I’m asking is if those samples are worth it. I saw one for sale on eBay for relatively cheap.  I’d basically be stuck with an unused 512MB flash card as I’ve already ordered the 1024.  Too bad that third party 2gig is so expensive.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2017 @ 09:20 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Hideout - 21 September 2017 02:09 AM

Thanks, 5pinDin.

You’re welcome.

Hideout -

Yeah I realize it’s an old item but I was mainly interested in the Chick Corea samples and some of the drum samples. I suppose the patterns would be useful too.
[...]

If you’re primarily interested in the Chick’s samples, download this…
http://www.easysounds.eu/MusicProductionGuide_2017_05_EN.pdf
...and see page 27.

Note that this will only have a single Voice based on those Rhodes Mark V samples, while the complete Pack has several more based on the same samples.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2017 @ 10:55 AM
Hideout
Joined  09-20-2017

5pinDin,
Again, my thanks to you, sir.  Downloading now.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Basic Questions on MOXF
Next Topic:

Moxf, Logicc pro & Midi to audio? ››