mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Flash Ram"

Posted on: September 08, 2017 @ 05:56 PM
bemusik
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-19-2004

I have a Yamaha Motif XF6 with a 1GB flash ram installed. It says that it is full. I have deleted alot of the samples that were on it and the available memory doesn’t seem to go down. I was wondering if I should optimize the flash ram. Will that open up memory? Also, I’m concerned aboutlosing my samples if I do that. Is that a valid concern of mine? Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2017 @ 07:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
bemusik - 08 September 2017 05:56 PM

I have a Yamaha Motif XF6 with a 1GB flash ram installed. It says that it is full. I have deleted alot of the samples that were on it and the available memory doesn’t seem to go down.

The “Free” memory should have increased (at least to some degree) after having deleted numerous samples.

Press [UTILITY], then [SF6][INFO].
What is indicated for “Total” and “Free”?

bemusik -

I was wondering if I should optimize the flash ram. Will that open up memory? Also, I’m concerned aboutlosing my samples if I do that. Is that a valid concern of mine? Thank you!

Optimizing a flash module can make more memory available if a sufficient number of samples (that were non-contiguous in the memory) have been deleted. As long as you don’t interrupt the optimizing process once it’s begun, there should not be any loss of data.

By the way, you’ve posted in the Motif XS forum. It’s best to post questions related to the XF in its own Motifator forum:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewforum/161/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2017 @ 12:11 PM
bemusik
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-19-2004

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using tyros files on XS
Next Topic:

Question regarding recording levels ››