mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Audio routing set up for recording / exporting on cubase 8 with vst editor ( MOX8) / help much needed pleaseplease"

Posted on: August 21, 2017 @ 07:17 AM
marloh.othertale
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-18-2017

Hello,

I really need your guys help--
I will soon go mad, Ive spent almost a week, and hours & hours on trying to solve this by myself..

the following problem in short :

my aim is to export small midi/vst experiments through audio mixdown into a wave format, in order to see if the desired self made sounds are actually to be heard--
I am working with a sound I recorded onto the song modus, it is a sound which was originally on the performance modus- i played around with it & recorded & saved it to the sound modus on my mox .. and recorded me playing small chunks on cubase—I can hear the sound of the mox perfectly on cubase

I have managed to do this successfully once- the next try, 3 minutes later, didnt end up working again

but whenever I export it ( either through audio midown, or the render in place function) i get nothiing

there is no sound to be heard on the new audio lane being created in cubase & nor on the exported wave file.. there is also no waves whatsoever to be seen on the new audio lane :( ( can be seen on first screenshot )
I have a feeling it also might have to do with the audio routing set up, it is still confusing the heck out of me..

I have attached a zip folder below
Im also not so sure if my set up on the vst editor is right-- as I want the sound from my mox, i put the arrows in the direction of the computer.--

NOTE : im using cubase 8, I have cubase 8.0.30 / ( built on 31. august 2015) version, i stumbled upn the fact, that only the 8.0.10 3/12/2015 and later broke the vst editor function-- does this mean that Im affected?
if this is should be the case, i wonder though, why i got the one export to work once then? 

I also noticed that the “ Port System Name” jumps from 1,2,3 to 5 / but Port 5 is shown as 4 -
(screenshot 10 in 1st folder )

can someone pleaseplease help out—Im really at my wits end & i have googled & read & tried so much, its getting frustrating - I would be so very thankful!!

here are more detalis i posted on the yamaha forum ( but no replies, its really long, i think it scares off)
yamaha forum detailed

P.S my macbook and mox are connected via usb to host cable, - my headphones are connected to the mox
I am working with no speakers atm - ( but i will get some soon)

P.P.S direct monitoring is not a option I can use right now - why is this? do I need it?
could I change this by using my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB? or does that not change a thing?
could the speakers be conncted to the outputs of my mox & work, or is it better to connect it to the interface?
but i dont see how to connect my mox to the scarlett, and the scarlett to the mac ?
ahh too many questions again im sorry---

File Attachments
Cubase Device Set Up -Screenshots.zip  (File Size: 2126KB - Downloads: 419)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2017 @ 09:07 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
marloh.othertale - 21 August 2017 07:17 AM

here are more detalis i posted on the yamaha forum ( but no replies, its really long, i think it scares off)
yamaha forum detailed

You got a reply there. I suggest you follow up on the recommendations…

... and welcome to the Motifator forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX6 and Logic Pro
Next Topic:

One audio output dead on my MOX6 ››