mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif 8 Smell"

Posted on: July 30, 2017 @ 11:42 AM
bobmane
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-28-2017

I have an original Motif 8 and it was stored/shuttled around in storages, trailers, houses etc. for about 8 years. It works perfect but has a smell that is like off-gassing smell of cheap products in a discount store. the smell is strong enough that i dont know if i can keep playing it as is. i have had it in operation for 2 months and smell is still same.

anyone know if smell will go away or how to get rid of it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2017 @ 07:59 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi bobmane,

Welcome to Motifator.

The only way I know to deal with ‘off gassing’ or that kind of new smell is to give the object or item/thing a good airing, outside if possible.  I know it’s not a very useful or practical suggestion for a keyboard, but at very least, if you can try and air the room better than you do by opening windows more often or opening them wider, and maybe even getting a fan to circulate the air better, it could help.

I suspect you’re in for a much longer time scale for improvement than 2 months.  Smells can take a very long time to go or even reduce their potency.

How or what was it stored in?

[ Ignore ]