mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "B’s Knees on Motif Rack XS"

Posted on: July 06, 2017 @ 07:26 PM
toddquatier
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-22-2012

I know, I didn’t read the product description properly and screwed up.  :(

I was just wondering if it’s possible to get the editor files from B’s Knees Motif Classic, ES, Rack or S90 to load on a Motif Rack XS?  I’m not adverse to buying John Melas’ editor software, but from the demo version, I can’t see where his software would help either.

All B’s Knees seems to come with is .W#A (Where # is 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, etc.) and I’m not sure what those do.

It seems to me if the editor files aren’t loading any new waveforms, this should be possible?  Maybe the Rack XS can’t even read those files?  Thank you for the help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2017 @ 09:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
toddquatier - 06 July 2017 07:26 PM

I know, I didn’t read the product description properly and screwed up.  :(

I was just wondering if it’s possible to get the editor files from B’s Knees Motif Classic, ES, Rack or S90 to load on a Motif Rack XS?  I’m not adverse to buying John Melas’ editor software, but from the demo version, I can’t see where his software would help either.

From the Rack-XS Editor Manual:
Import operation.
The following file types can be selected.
• MOTIF-RACK XS Editor (.X1E)
• MOTIF XS Editor (.X0E)
• MO6/MO8 Voice Editor and MOTIF ES6/7/8 Voice Editor (.W7E)
• MOTIF ES6/7/8 Multi Part Editor (.M4E, .M2E)
• MO6/MO8 Multi Part Editor (.M4E)
• MOTIF-RACK ES Multi Part Editor (.M3E)
• MOTIF XS ALL (.X0A)
• MOTIF XS ALL Voice (.X0V)

toddquatier -

All B’s Knees seems to come with is .W#A (Where # is 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, etc.) and I’m not sure what those do.

The “A” indicates an “All” file. The numbers indicate the files are for various Motif models.

toddquatier -

It seems to me if the editor files aren’t loading any new waveforms, this should be possible?  Maybe the Rack XS can’t even read those files?  Thank you for the help!

See above for compatible file types.

There’s a version of B’s Knees for the Motif XS…
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/motif-xs-voice-libraries/b-s-knees-for-the-motif-xs.html
...which is the correct one for the Rack-XS.

Where did you purchase the version of B’s Knees that you have?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2017 @ 09:07 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You can convert an All file to an editor file using the free Motif ES editor, downloadable from Yamaha’s website. Your XS Rack can then load that file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2017 @ 08:36 PM
toddquatier
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-22-2012

Thanks for the quick answers from both of you! 

I was able to import .W7E file and get the Bee’s Knees editor files loaded.  I’m sure I did it the most awkward way possible as I added all 128 files one-at-a-time from a list in Motif-Rack XS Editor. It was completely worth it as they sound fantastic.  Now if I could just get that CP1 piano sound I had on my old XF6.  (I know, not a chance.)

Thanks again, 5pinDIN and meatballfulton!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question on Editing Sound Parameters
Next Topic:

Firewire Card for motif xs rack ››