mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Flash Memory problem"

Posted on: May 23, 2017 @ 08:34 PM
maxweb
Total Posts:  77
Joined  01-06-2004

Hi everyone,
it’s the second time that I have this problem:

I load an ALL file with sample in FL1. everything is ok.
Turn off the motif XF and extract the usb pen. everything is ok :)

But when I turn on the motif I have a message that says “new flash module installed, please download waveform”. If I go in UTILITY - FLASH I have memory busy but no waveform at all.

What’s happened??

Thanks for reply.

Max.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 12:39 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
maxweb - 23 May 2017 08:34 PM

[...] when I turn on the motif I have a message that says “new flash module installed, please download waveform”. If I go in UTILITY - FLASH I have memory busy but no waveform at all.
[...]

Did you update the OS? That’s the kind of message you’ll get if you install OS 1.50 but haven’t properly loaded the backup file.

From the v1.50 Readme file:
Updating Procedure
- All User data (User Voices, User Performances, Songs and so on) will be initialized by this updater when you are updating from V1.30 or an earlier version. Please make sure that you save all User data to a USB storage device or to a computer connected to the same network before performing this update.
When you need to backup the data written in Flash Memory Expansion Module, set the Type to “All” and select “without sample” in Save FL1, Save FL2 in the File mode.
==
Save FL1: without sample
Save FL2: without sample
==
Moreover, when you load backup data, make the following settings.
In File Mode
Type -> All
Load USR -> USR
Load FL1 -> FL1 without sample
Load FL2 -> FL2 without sample

After you’ve completed the update and reboot the MOTIF XF, the message “New Flash Memory Module, Please load waveform data” will be displayed. Load the backup data (the message disappears).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 01:29 AM
maxweb
Joined  01-06-2004

Hi, thanks for reply.
I upgrade to 1.50 few time ago. (As you suggest to me :-))

I found these threads:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478561/#597306

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/450982/#491552

I think is the same problem, not about the corrupted waveform, about flash full but with no waveform, BUT I even prepared and saved a sample on flash memory, and it disappeared!

I have to find the root of the problem…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 02:07 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

What size is your FL1, and how much is reported as “free”?

When you loaded the backup “all” file (made when updating the OS), what load options did you use?
USR > ???
FL1 > ???
FL2 > ???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 02:34 AM
maxweb
Joined  01-06-2004

I have a flash of 1gb, and says around 300mb busy and 700mb free. I don’t remember which file I loaded, may be not ALL but 1 voice bank.

I updated few weeks ago, and I loaded a lot of different files.
May be I have to load the same voices associated to that samples to see again the waveform list? But even my own waveform disappeared, so I think the problem isn’t focused there…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 08:47 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
maxweb - 24 May 2017 02:34 AM

I have a flash of 1gb, and says around 300mb busy and 700mb free. I don’t remember which file I loaded, may be not ALL but 1 voice bank.

I updated few weeks ago, and I loaded a lot of different files.
May be I have to load the same voices associated to that samples to see again the waveform list? But even my own waveform disappeared, so I think the problem isn’t focused there…

If you didn’t make a backup before updating, and reload it properly afterward, then the Waveform List won’t correlate with the samples on the flash module.

If you made the backup, try loading it as described in the part of the Readme I posted. That might restore the Waveform List for those in FL1 before the update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 05:56 PM
maxweb
Joined  01-06-2004

Sorry there is a misunderstood:
I know that is strange, and for this reason I wrote here, but the message “New Flash Memory Module, Please load waveform data” isn’t appeared after an update! I updated XF to 1.50 few weeks ago, and everything was working right.

Few days ago I was trying new sounds, loaded few waveform, prepared a new sample saved on FL1 (1Gb). In the night I switched off my motif, and the next day, when I switched on, it appeared. And Flash memory was busy (300 Mb) but there were no waveform list at all. The scenario is like after a FORMAT FLASH MEMORY, but I didn’t do that!

I’m trying to reproduce the scenario, which file, which waveform, which ALL data or 1 bank voice… but when you try to do something again, that’s the time that never happened!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 10:08 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
maxweb - 24 May 2017 05:56 PM

Sorry there is a misunderstood:
I know that is strange, and for this reason I wrote here, but the message “New Flash Memory Module, Please load waveform data” isn’t appeared after an update! I updated XF to 1.50 few weeks ago, and everything was working right.

Although it can be common after an OS update, that message appears whenever a flash module contains samples, but there isn’t corresponding Waveform List data in the XF.

maxweb -

Few days ago I was trying new sounds, loaded few waveform, prepared a new sample saved on FL1 (1Gb). In the night I switched off my motif, and the next day, when I switched on, it appeared.

This can occur when a flash module is moved from one XF to another. The following is from page 66 the XF Owner’s Manual…
New Flash Memory Module. Please load waveform data.

This message appears when the Flash Memory Expansion Module (FL512M/FL1024M) which was installed in a different MOTIF XF has been installed to the current MOTIF XF. If this message appears, you should save the Waveform data (including the parameter settings) of the previous MOTIF XF to a USB storage device, connect the USB storage device to the current MOTIF XF, then load the Waveform data. This occurs because the Sample without the parameter settings cannot produce the proper sound.

If you didn’t do an OS update, and you aren’t removing and reinstalling the module, then you shouldn’t be getting that message.

maxweb -

And Flash memory was busy (300 Mb) but there were no waveform list at all. The scenario is like after a FORMAT FLASH MEMORY, but I didn’t do that!

Sorry, but it’s unlike after formatting a flash module, for at least two reasons…
1) A flash memory module with 300 MB of samples obviously hasn’t been formatted.
2) The message in question will not be displayed if a module has been formatted, since it then has no samples and doesn’t require Waveform data.

maxweb -

I’m trying to reproduce the scenario, which file, which waveform, which ALL data or 1 bank voice… but when you try to do something again, that’s the time that never happened!!

I can appreciate your frustration. Something is obviously causing loss of the Waveform List, but it’s not obvious from what you’ve described. Perhaps this thread will provide a clue:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/455629/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2017 @ 03:04 PM
maxweb
Joined  01-06-2004

Thanks for the reply.

Max.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sampling a modular synthesizer
Next Topic: