mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Auto Power Off while using VST Editor in Cubase"

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 08:47 PM
aliesty
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-27-2013

When I use the MOXF6/8 VST Editor in Cubase Pro 9, my MOXF does not Auto Power Off because the “E” (Edit) icon is shown in the upper corner of the MOXF LCD.  I realize that while that “E” is present, the MOXF will NOT power down (even if the AUTO POWER OFF parameter is set to a number of minutes). If I close the VST Editor (and close Cubase) on my computer, the MOXF still remains in edit mode ("E" in upper corner) and won’t Auto OFF. 

Is there a way to get the MOXF to Auto Power Off after a Cubase MOXF VST Editor session has ended?  Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 11:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The [E] indicates that at least one Parameter of the currently selected Program (Voice, Performance, etc.) has been edited - it doesn’t specifically indicate that the MOXF is in Edit mode.

Selecting a different Program should cause the [E] to no longer be displayed. If certain Edit Buffer contents was the reason for Auto Power Off not shutting off the MOXF, it should then function.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2017 @ 12:34 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

There was a thread about this a few years ago, where we all confirmed that this appears to be a ‘feature’. ;-)
As long as the USB is connected and the PC at the other end is on, no auto power off.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2017 @ 07:45 AM
aliesty
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-27-2013

Aha, I was worried the USB connection might be behind the no auto off.  I did previously search on the term “auto off” but didn’t see the old thread.  Anyway, thank you all for your insights.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2017 @ 09:39 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
aliesty - 25 May 2017 07:45 AM

Aha, I was worried the USB connection might be behind the no auto off.  I did previously search on the term “auto off” but didn’t see the old thread.  Anyway, thank you all for your insights.

It seemed you were aware of the USB issue, since in a post in this thread…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472710/
...you said:
“I should note that because my MOXF is attached to my PC via USB, the Auto Power Off feature does not function.”

However, unsaved edits (indicated by [E] being displayed) will cause Auto Power Off to be defeated, even if the MOXF isn’t connected via USB.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Considering buying the MoXF
Next Topic:

Pattern Chain with different pattern numbers ››