mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "pitch difference"

Posted on: May 09, 2017 @ 09:04 AM
Vaanampadi
Total Posts:  32
Joined  03-30-2011

Hello ,
I have a KORG PA4X and a YAMAHA motif XF. I am finding that there is a half note difference between the keyboards. I can ofcourse setup a shift. But is this common? anyone else notice this? or what could be the issue?
I checked on both boards if there is shift setup, and I don’t see any :(
please help! what can be done? this can’t be normal.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2017 @ 10:06 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The XF can be Note Shifted at individual Voices, or globally for the entire keyboard.

Does every note of every Program on the XF appears to be shifted versus the Korg? If so, you can check the Note Shift setting in Utility mode. See Tone Generator and Keyboard settings on page 219 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531).

The default Note Shift setting is “+0” (zero) semitones. (One semitone is a half step.)

Although unlikely, the Tune setting could be incorrect. It should normally be at “+0” cents. (100 cents is one semitone)

If those settings are correct, perhaps the Korg is mistuned.

If you’re unsure of what’s happening, you can download a 440 Hz test tone from the net, and compare it to the A above middle C on the keyboards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 10, 2017 @ 10:46 AM
Vaanampadi
Total Posts:  32
Joined  03-30-2011
5pinDIN - 09 May 2017 10:06 AM

The XF can be Note Shifted at individual Voices, or globally for the entire keyboard.

Does every note of every Program on the XF appears to be shifted versus the Korg? If so, you can check the Note Shift setting in Utility mode. See Tone Generator and Keyboard settings on page 219 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531).

The default Note Shift setting is “+0” (zero) semitones. (One semitone is a half step.)

Although unlikely, the Tune setting could be incorrect. It should normally be at “+0” cents. (100 cents is one semitone)

If those settings are correct, perhaps the Korg is mistuned.

If you’re unsure of what’s happening, you can download a 440 Hz test tone from the net, and compare it to the A above middle C on the keyboards.

Thank you. this was it . Motif was off by few cents for tuning. it was driving me crazy.
thanks a TON!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 10, 2017 @ 02:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Vaanampadi - 10 May 2017 10:46 AM

Thank you. this was it . Motif was off by few cents for tuning. it was driving me crazy.
thanks a TON!

You’re welcome - I’m glad you found what was causing the mistuning.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Copy a song from a project to another ?
Next Topic:

MTC Via MIDI Merge? ››