mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question about last Motif XF OS Update"

Posted on: May 04, 2017 @ 12:37 AM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

Was version 1.5 the last Motif XF OS Update that came out ?

Image Attachments
MotifXF OS Update.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2017 @ 02:33 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Yes it is.

For anyone that needs it, you can find it Here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2017 @ 05:57 PM
Wondering_
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-05-2013

Are there ever any advantages to, or at least usable differences, for using oh lets’s say v1.3 or v1.4? Has anyone known of going back from v1.5 to one of those, and why?
I think I’m aware of need for some updates to deal with certain bugs, but was more thinking of the different sounds or features that didn’t’ continue with v1.5? And no I don’t have any examples of performances or voices in specifics. :)
.... just curious. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2017 @ 07:12 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I cannot think of a single benefit of back pedaling to an earlier OS, but I would be very disappointed at missing the features and enhancements each upgrade provided. 

I’d like this to dumping Windows 10 to go back to Windows 1.0 (I could be a bit melodramatic in my analogy)

Welcome to the forum Wonderingl

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2017 @ 07:18 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Wondering_ - 06 May 2017 05:57 PM

Are there ever any advantages to, or at least usable differences, for using oh lets’s say v1.3 or v1.4? Has anyone known of going back from v1.5 to one of those, and why?

I think I’m aware of need for some updates to deal with certain bugs, but was more thinking of the different sounds or features that didn’t’ continue with v1.5? And no I don’t have any examples of performances or voices in specifics. :)
.... just curious. :-)

I know of no advantage(s) to using an earlier OS than v1.50. There are some disadvantages, however - loss of certain effects that were added in the newer OS, for example. See the MOTIF XF6/7/8 Supplementary Manual:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/53105

In addition, with v1.50, you can use this file with 32 Voices and 8 Performances that use the added effects in OS V1.50:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/61405
The Readme PDF for the Voices/Performances doesn’t say so, but the Performances load by default to USER 2.

EDIT: richie1027 posted while I was typing. It seems we agree on v1.50 being a keeper.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2017 @ 07:52 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

I concur. ... While I’ve observed the value of using older OS’s on different platforms (computers, handhelds, other instruments), I’ve personally never experienced nor have read a single reason to not use Motif XF’s last OS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2017 @ 08:55 PM
Wondering_
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-05-2013

Hey thanks everyone.

I only go back to 2011 with Motif Xf which was v1.10 when purchased.
There is probably another answer as to why my All Files from back then with songs don’t load exactly as before. Maybe the loading settings used should be without system? ....or something along those lines.
Or maybe not loading the all file itself just a song or two, or all songs.

Just to clarify, this is no crisis. These songs where they are, is not the only place to hear them as most if not all were pro-mixed and mastered at another facility, then some were pressed others just digital released.
You know when you pick a certain voice to use because it sounds great with minimal tweaking,
then don’t write down the original name of the voice? ;-) haha
That about sums up this crisis!
So not to worry. I’ll figure it out. At least, and as always, I start with the obvious answer to the ridiculous question first. ;-)
I should take better notes.

At any rate, thanks for being here… I like Motifator.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2017 @ 10:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Wondering_ - 06 May 2017 08:55 PM

[...] There is probably another answer as to why my All Files from back then with songs don’t load exactly as before.
[...]
You know when you pick a certain voice to use because it sounds great with minimal tweaking,
then don’t write down the original name of the voice? ;-) haha
That about sums up this crisis!
[...]

I was wondering what prompted your question. :-)

If an “All” was saved with samples, loading it in entirety at a later time should result in things sounding as they did when the file was saved.

If a Song is based on Voices from the User banks, or User samples, then of course any changes made to those things after the Song was created, but before the “All” file was saved, could potentially affect how the Song sounds when that file is loaded at a later time.

If you need reliable backups of Songs, besides saving files with samples, it’s a good idea to store any Voices used in the Song as Mixing Voices. That way, if a User Voice gets changed later, it can’t affect the Song.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MSB - LSB Display in song mode
Next Topic:

User Bank 1Voices-Repeated or Not? ››