mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ins EF for parts 9-16 in song mode"

Posted on: April 18, 2017 @ 12:24 AM
gpjoshua
Total Posts:  17
Joined  10-16-2016

Hi,

Song->Mixing->Edit->common (see attached pic)

I could not switch on Ins EF for parts 9-16 of any song.
I am trying to assign a single voice to each part. Voices in part 9-16 in song mode is different than respective voices in voice mode though i enabled parameter with voice and copied Rev,Chorus,MFX. But for part 1-8 i could switch on Ins EF.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks
Paul

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2017 @ 02:11 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
gpjoshua - 18 April 2017 12:24 AM

Hi,

Song->Mixing->Edit->common (see attached pic)

I could not switch on Ins EF for parts 9-16 of any song.
I am trying to assign a single voice to each part. Voices in part 9-16 in song mode is different than respective voices in voice mode though i enabled parameter with voice and copied Rev,Chorus,MFX. But for part 1-8 i could switch on Ins EF.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks
Paul

Per page 18 of the MOXF Reference Manual:

Insertion Effects:

...They can be applied to all Parts of the Performance, and applied to eight Parts (maximum) of the Song/Pattern....” (italics are mine)

By default the first 8 PARTS of a SONG(PATTERN) MIXING will have insertion effects switched on.  You have 8 total PARTS of your MIXING that can use their insertion effects...your choice.

The INS SW (Insertion Effect Switch) works the same in MIXING MODE (SONG or PATTERN) as it does in PERFORMANCE MODE.  The Reference Manual, in fact, refers you...in MIXING COMMON EDIT, [F6] EFFECT (page 116)...to reference the PERFORMANCE MODE Insertion Switch information.

See page 64 of the MOXF Reference Manual, for the correct EDIT screen to activate/de-activate the insertion effects for the 16 MIXING PARTS, 8 of which (maximum) you can choose to be active.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2017 @ 08:56 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

A small addition to the good advice given by cmayhle

If you need Insertion Effects on more than eight Parts, you could render some Parts to audio, then turn off Insertion Effects on the rendered Parts, and turn them on for others.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2017 @ 12:27 PM
gpjoshua
Joined  10-16-2016

Thanks 5pinDIN. Could you please guide me how to render some parts to audio..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2017 @ 12:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/471271/
Obviously, this will only help with recorded audio, not Mixes being used for live play.

For live play, you can turn off Insertion Effects on Parts that sound OK with only System Effects, and turn them on for Parts that really need them. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2017 @ 03:41 AM
gpjoshua
Joined  10-16-2016

Thanks 5pinDIN. Need one more help.

Is there any way that transpose can be applied to prerecorded song track and Parts in the song mixing mode at one go. Now I have to do 2 times one using transpose in the display for song track and using button for the parts?

[ Ignore ]