mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mutec 1GB Flash Board"

Posted on: April 13, 2017 @ 02:29 PM
bigus
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-13-2017

Hiya
I have a question regarding the Mutec 1GB Flash Board.

I have just installed and formatted the flash board and loaded the ‘Inspiration in a flash’ file that I downloaded from the Yamaha site.
The MOXF stated that it was installing the files to the flash board and I noticed when it had completed the process that the Flash board went from having 1GB free to about 600MB free.

All the new voices loaded into their correct banks and I happily played the various voices, some of which were really quite good.
The strange thing is, when I press File and thn Flash, I don’t actually see any files, although as I stated it just shows the total free space as being about 600MB.
If I press Save, without a USB stick in place, I get a message saying there is no USB drive - why am I not getting the option to save to the Flash board?

I am assuming I should see all the files that are stored on the Flash board and be able to load or save to and from it?

Any advice would be gratefully received :)

Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2017 @ 03:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Voices, Performances, Masters, Songs, and Patterns can be loaded from files on a USB drive to the MOXF internal User memory. Samples/Waveforms from files can be installed on flash modules. You can SAVE files to a USB drive, but not to a flash module.

Pages 31-32 of the Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478) describe the MOXF memory structure.

“You can see a list of your installed Waveforms by going to [FILE] and pressing [F6] FLASH > [SF2] DELETE”, as stated in
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf_flash_board
Of course, you probably want to avoid actually deleting anything at this time.

The above-linked support article should help fill in more details of flash module operation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2017 @ 09:17 AM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Re: your other question.  When you pressed the Save function, the unit thinks you want to save your current installed data to an external USB device.  You have installed User Voices, Performances, Masters etc. and now also Flash Waveforms (including samples). You can save this data to external USB as a backup and you have a variety of options of what you save:  You can save just Voices, All, etc and you can save with or without samples.  The manuals can explain in more detail.  I don’t think MOXF has user RAM memory to hold temporary loaded sample data in volatile temporary memory where you would “save” the data from RAM to permanent Flash (as you can do in Motif XF).  Someone else can chime in and correct or confirm if I’m right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2017 @ 11:53 AM
bigus
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-13-2017

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.

After coming from my Korg Kronos, the file management system on the MOXF was a bit of shock, to say the least. I just assumed that you could save the system .X6A setup files directly to the Flash board as well as a USB drive. Seemed sensible and a bit too obvious to me.

Still, at least I know now :)

Just one thing though, as I stated earlier, I have installed the Inspiration in a flash library and after listening to all the banks of sounds, I have made a list of only the voices I want to keep, probably only about 20%.
What is the best way to do this? I was thinking of removing this library by formatting the Flash board, reloading the factory default setup file,
and then manually loading only the individual voices that I want from the Inspiration in a flash .X6A library, one at a time from the USB drive into slots in the user banks. Painfully slow I guess but I thought that by doing it this way, I would have less files on the Flash board, freeing up space for other libraries.
Or is there a better way?

Thanks again

Wayne

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Master EQ on knobs
Next Topic:

Sync the tempo from external synth? ››