mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master Mode - change patch on MainStage"

Posted on: March 23, 2017 @ 05:38 AM
kayrd
Total Posts:  136
Joined  06-21-2005

Is it possible on MasterMode to change from a patch to another on MainStage?

Or the other way around - Change patch on MainStage who changed to the next master on my XF7?

A little bit about the background for this:

I´m working on a show where I´m using two keyboards:
Motif XF7 (on top of my stand - connected as master keyboard)
MOXF8 (on bottom of my stand - connected to my XF7 - can also connect to my computer if needed)

Computer:
Macbook Pro

I´m using both sounds that I´ve made on my Yamaha-keyboards and software synths where I´m using MainStage to “master”. I´m also using both the sequencer on my XF7 and Logic Pro X to play backing tracks with click track. The click tracks are routed to my assignable outputs on my XF7.

In my live performance I want to have my only focus on my playing and not any energy on my Macbook.I want changing sounds in a live performance to go as smooth as possible without any hiccups.

If I change from a master to another on my XF7, I want my patches on MainStage to change - I know how to change patches from my XF7 to my MOXF8, with help from the brilliant “Understanding Master Mode"-article.

Really looking forward to your answers guys - either to get Master Mode to change patches on my other computer and MainStage or to get MainStage to change voice/performance on my two keyboards.

kayrd - Norway

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2017 @ 07:55 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

A SysEx message sent to the XF7 will change the Master number.

To select the Master number on the first device, send:
F0 43 10 7F 12 0A 00 00 dd F7
where dd = 00~7F hex (0~127, 1~128 Master number)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2017 @ 11:22 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If I understand your post, you want to send out messages to Mainstage to change patches when you select a new master.

Read this article from Apple about doing this with program changes, hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2017 @ 05:00 AM
kayrd
Total Posts:  136
Joined  06-21-2005

Thanx for the reply!

I’ve finally figured this out.

As I said - I want to use as little energy as possible changing patches when I’m playing live. I want to only focus on playing the keyboards.

Thanks to “Understanding Master Mode” and some MIDI-reading online, and understanding what sysex-commands can do, I figured all out.

I made midi-files from Logic Pro X on my Macbook sending sysex-commands to my MOXF8, so now it works flawlessly.

How it works for me:

I use two keyboards (XF7 on top of an MOXF8) and a Macbook Pro.

1 - I’m using Master Mode on both keyboards
2 - I’m changing patches on MainStage from my XF7 - using zones i Master Mode. It works brilliantly!
3 - The Master Mode patch on my MOXF8 is changed thanks to sysex-commands from a MIDI-file in MainStage. I finally got that to work.
4 - I have a couple of backing tracks in Logic Pro X - those backing tracks are starting automatically when changing patches in MainStage thanks to Apple Script (the script is starting the appropriate project file on Logic Pro X - waits 5 sec - then presses the Spacebar that plays the backing tracks.

It’s exactly what I want - not using to much energy on the Macbook on stage - now I’m changing patches only from the XF7, and it automatically changes patches in Mainstage and the MOXF8. Perfect!

Master Mode is surely a MASTER mode…

Hopefully this post will help others as well - let me know if some of you need additional help figuring this out.

[ Ignore ]