mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arpeggios"

Posted on: March 17, 2017 @ 04:16 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-02-2017

Aaargh, can’t get my head around this.

I created a 1 bar sequence in pattern mode so I could convert to arpeggio (just want repeat bass note sequence by holding one left hand note....st Elmo’s fire!).
When I sent to arpeggio thru job it seemed to go (usr 1) but now I don’t know how to get it into my performance mode.
Followed instructions I found but now seem to have lost pattern as well!
Help?!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2017 @ 06:27 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Wrn5w41qo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2017 @ 04:26 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Joined  02-02-2017

Thanks but not huge help to me, just seemed like guy mumbling and left camera on?

Have managed with help from
http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/keyboards/synthesizers/sy-moxf/moxf8/10719/8493/
And experimenting.

Is there any way of getting bass arp without selecting that particular voice in the performance? I would like to use all 4 voices in layer/split.
Ta

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2017 @ 05:18 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Jetsetcarwash - 19 March 2017 04:26 PM

[...] Have managed with help from
http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/keyboards/synthesizers/sy-moxf/moxf8/10719/8493/
And experimenting.

Is there any way of getting bass arp without selecting that particular voice in the performance? I would like to use all 4 voices in layer/split.

Once a User Arp is created, you can recall it as desired, just like with Preset Arps. In the FAQ you posted a link to, the Arp has been created at the end of the first step #6. Make note of the Arp number and what you named it, so you can readily find it again.

The second set of six steps is an example of how to recall the User Arp for use in a Voice. It in no way means the Arp is only accessible with that particular Voice. As the FAQ states, complete with spelling errors  :-)  :
***Note*** The User Arppeggio can be recalled in VOICE, PEFORM, SONG, and PATTERN mode.  For this example we will recall the Arppeggio in VOICE mode.

Apply your User Arp as desired.

See Creating an Arpeggio on pages 125-126 of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478) for additional information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2017 @ 05:33 PM
Jetsetcarwash
Joined  02-02-2017

Thank you for the prompt reply!
What I was trying to get however is something like......hold a piano note and have the arp play a guitar bass sequence?
The more I learn about arps I think I may have to replace one of my perf voices with bass to allow.
(I’m trying to play live, bass guitar sequence, piano and many string, brass bits using splits in keyboard)
Andrew

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2017 @ 05:45 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Jetsetcarwash - 19 March 2017 05:33 PM

Thank you for the prompt reply!

You’re welcome.

Jetsetcarwash -

What I was trying to get however is something like......hold a piano note and have the arp play a guitar bass sequence?
The more I learn about arps I think I may have to replace one of my perf voices with bass to allow.

A User Arp is just a recorded note sequence, it has no sound by itself. So yes, the Arp has to be applied to the Voice you expect it to play.

Jetsetcarwash -

(I’m trying to play live, bass guitar sequence, piano and many string, brass bits using splits in keyboard)

Based on that, it’s likely you’d run out of Parts in a Performance. You should probably consider using a Song or Pattern Mixing, where you can access up to 16 sounds and switch between them without glitches.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 08:18 AM
Jetsetcarwash
Joined  02-02-2017

Many thanks, nearly there now except......
Have created a simple 2 note octave bass riff and put to arp. Works fine as long as I play trigger chord with root note at bass, it doesn’t intelligently recognise say an F chord as C F A?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 09:08 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

Chord intelligence is dependent on the type of Arp.

Rather than trying to explain a complex topic here, see:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/459990/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2017 @ 11:09 AM
Jetsetcarwash
Joined  02-02-2017

Thanks again, already found and read this one (along with many others), almost there just the problem of my octave bass being based on the lowest note I play, regardless of chord structure (odd when you play a C with E bass). Some pre arps work just as I want but can’t quite find the right one rhythmically.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2017 @ 10:36 AM
jg666
Total Posts:  178
Joined  11-15-2015

This question is related to Arps so I hope it’s OK to ask here…

I want to change the Arpeggios assigned to a particular voice preset but I can’t find a way to do it on a preset voice. I edit the Arps and set them to the ones I want but then when I store it wants to save it to a user voice which is a different one to the preset I’m working on.

Are we allowed to edit Preset Voices?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2017 @ 10:52 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jg666 - 29 May 2017 10:36 AM

[...]Are we allowed to edit Preset Voices?

No, they are indeed “preset” (in ROM).

Have you run out of User Voice locations? If so, you might consider saving the edited Voice as a Mixing Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2017 @ 10:55 AM
jg666
Total Posts:  178
Joined  11-15-2015

OK thanks for the quick reply. I’ll Save the voices in question as Performances first then I think.

[ Ignore ]