mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Volume Pedal Transmitting Midi Message"

Posted on: March 12, 2017 @ 10:10 AM
Andrewkeys95
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-12-2017

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum so I would like to thank anyone helping with this for their time. I will try to explain my issue the best I can. Please excuse me if I use the wrong terminology.

I have my Motif XF6 connected to a sound module (Ketron Audya 4). So Midi OUT of the XF to Midi IN on the sound module. I have a FC7 pedal hooked up to the XF to control the volume and another volume pedal on the sound module to control that volume as well.

My issue is that when I use the volume pedal on the XF, it sends that control to my module as well. I want the volume pedal hooked up to the XF to only control the XF. I have a rough idea that it is probably something I need to change in the midi transmit area on the XF but I don’t have a clue how to do that. On the XF, I play in Performance Mode utilizing layers, etc. all for Voices.

I appreciate any help with this!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2017 @ 11:28 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

I downloaded an Audya owner’s manual from Ketron. It appears that received MIDI data can be filtered via FILTER TX/RX settings. I hope the manual Ketron provided to you has clearer figures than the one I was able to download, and that you’ll be able to filter reception of Volume/CC#7 and/or Expression/CC#11 messages.

If the Audya manual doesn’t help, you might want to contact Ketron about this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2017 @ 12:15 PM
Andrewkeys95
Joined  03-12-2017

Thank you! I will look into that on the Ketron. So you don’t believe there is anything I can do on the Motif XF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2017 @ 02:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Andrewkeys95 - 12 March 2017 12:15 PM

Thank you! I will look into that on the Ketron.

You’re welcome.

Andrewkeys95 -

So you don’t believe there is anything I can do on the Motif XF?

I believe that if you can do the filtering on the Audya, that would be easier than configuring the XF.

If you found it necessary to deal with this on the XF, you could set up your Performances as zoned Masters, dedicate a Zone to transmit externally on a MIDI channel other than 1 and turn off the Foot Controller TX Switch for that zone in each Master, then configure the Audya to receive MIDI on the alternate channel.

If filtering reception on the Audya is possible, I’d do that.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2017 @ 01:23 AM
Andrewkeys95
Joined  03-12-2017

Thank you for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Magnets dangerous?
Next Topic:

manuals?? ››