mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moving my layered performance from “preformance “ mode to user bank"

Posted on: February 25, 2017 @ 05:33 PM
Mailman5
Total Posts:  6
Joined  12-26-2015

I have created a personalized layered voice in the Performance mode. When I saved it, it replaced the “Bracchial” preset that was in my factory settings, and is now located in PERF USR1:001 (A01). As a Newbee, I’m not quite sure how or why it replaced the factory setting. I thought I would just create a new voice, and would then be asked where I wished to store it. But, somehow, the “new performance” replaced a preset. I do not wish to lose this “new performance.” How do I move it to one of the 3 USER banks? (OR is it already in the USER bank 1? If so, what happened to the “Brachhaial” preset?)

I am also attempting to download “Vintage Keys” sound library to my flash memory card via a program-loaded USB stick...and they emphatically request I Save ALL current settings. If I save it as it is currently, it will have all the original settings, PLUS my “new performance” (and LESS the original “Bracchial") setting.
Should I move my “new performance” to a USER bank BEFORE I attempt to “save” my settings, so I can then download the “Vintage Keys” library to my 1MG memory card? Or is it already in it’s proper USER bank location?
I’m confused...Please bear with me....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2017 @ 07:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Mailman5 - 25 February 2017 05:33 PM

I have created a personalized layered voice in the Performance mode. When I saved it, it replaced the “Bracchial” preset that was in my factory settings, and is now located in PERF USR1:001 (A01). As a Newbee, I’m not quite sure how or why it replaced the factory setting. I thought I would just create a new voice, and would then be asked where I wished to store it. But, somehow, the “new performance” replaced a preset.

None of the factory Performances are Presets - they’re all in User locations, and they can be overwritten. (Only the Voices in the PRE banks are Presets, and are permanent.)

When you STORE a Performance, you have the choice of destination location. However, it defaults to USR1:001 (A01) if you don’t choose otherwise, and that would be “Brachial Wobbling” from the factory.

Mailman5 -

I do not wish to lose this “new performance.” How do I move it to one of the 3 USER banks? (OR is it already in the USER bank 1? If so, what happened to the “Brachhaial” preset?)

Before you go any further, I suggest that you save an “All” file to a USB flash drive. (See page 60 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual.) Once you’ve done that there will be a backup of your Performance, as protection against any possible “operator error”, etc. Name the file so that you’ll know it’s the one with your Performance.

To “move” your Performance, you can select it, press [STORE], and set a location other than USR1:001 (A01). A new copy of the Performance will be stored where you directed it, but it will also still exist at USR1:001 (A01).

Once you’ve saved an “All” file you could do a factory reset, which will restore all the User memory to “as new”. (See page 20 of the Owner’s Manual.) The “Brachial Wobbling” Performance will be back at USR1:001 (A01). At that point, I’d suggest saving another “All” file, and name it so that you will know it’s a backup of factory data.

After that, you could load your Performance from the earlier saved “All” file to a User location of your choice. See Load Type “Performance” on page 156 of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478).

Mailman5 -

I am also attempting to download “Vintage Keys” sound library to my flash memory card via a program-loaded USB stick...and they emphatically request I Save ALL current settings. If I save it as it is currently, it will have all the original settings, PLUS my “new performance” (and LESS the original “Bracchial") setting.
Should I move my “new performance” to a USER bank BEFORE I attempt to “save” my settings, so I can then download the “Vintage Keys” library to my 1MG memory card? Or is it already in it’s proper USER bank location?
I’m confused...Please bear with me....

No Voices get loaded to the flash memory module, only Samples and Waveform data do. The “Vintage Keys” library has no sample data, so it doesn’t load to a flash module. The Voices in that library use samples found in the MOXF ROM.

Vintage Keys has one Voice that needs an Arp in order to play correctly. Before I suggest a method of loading the library that would preserve what you want, please provide the names of the files for Vintage Keys that you have, with file extensions (.X6A, .X6G, etc.).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF Master in Song/Pattern mode
Next Topic:

loading setup ››