mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem with charged voices"

Posted on: February 22, 2017 @ 03:58 PM
Marksynth82
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-09-2017

Hi everybody,yesterday I’ve just charged some patch from different packs ad individual voices and all worked well. I store and save my settings, but today the patches loaded from “studio and stage” pack doesn’t sound anymore ( wether the other patches still sounds regularly). I’ve tried to reload them in the same user memory but don’t works. I don’t have any idea why this happens: anyone can help me ?Thank you and good evening to all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2017 @ 08:14 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Sorry, but your use of terminology seems confusing and inconsistent, at least to me. (Does “charged” = “loaded”? Does “patch” = “Voice”?)

I’m going to presume that you loaded some Voices from a library, and that there were samples involved. (Please tell us if that’s not the case.) Sample memory in the XS is volatile - the data is lost when power is turned off - so it needs to be reloaded each time the XS is turned on.

After loading Voices that have associated samples, and storing any of your settings, an “all” file (.X0A) should be saved to a USB flash drive. The next time the XS is turned on, that file should be loaded, which will restore the samples to memory, and Voices that depend on them should sound.

Without knowing exactly what you did makes it difficult to determine what you’re doing wrong.

What is the full name of the library you loaded?
What size (in MB) is the library?
Where did you save your settings?
What file did you reload, and what is its size?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2017 @ 11:05 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

5pinDIN, I am guessing the OP is referring to Stage and Studio from Easy Sounds.  This library uses no new sample data.

Other than that, I am also drawing a bit of a blank as to other pertinent information in the post.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2017 @ 12:11 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 22 February 2017 11:05 PM

5pinDIN, I am guessing the OP is referring to Stage and Studio from Easy Sounds.  This library uses no new sample data.

Other than that, I am also drawing a bit of a blank as to other pertinent information in the post.

Thanks, cmayhle. If indeed that’s the library, then hopefully Marksynth82 will tell us exactly what and how he loaded from it, and whether his issues are with Voices, Performances, or both. Also, he mentioned “different packs”, so perhaps previously loaded material was overwritten by later loading.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2017 @ 05:53 AM
Marksynth82
Joined  01-09-2017
5pinDIN - 22 February 2017 08:14 PM

Sorry, but your use of terminology seems confusing and inconsistent, at least to me. (Does “charged” = “loaded”? Does “patch” = “Voice”?)

I’m going to presume that you loaded some Voices from a library, and that there were samples involved. (Please tell us if that’s not the case.) Sample memory in the XS is volatile - the data is lost when power is turned off - so it needs to be reloaded each time the XS is turned on.

After loading Voices that have associated samples, and storing any of your settings, an “all” file (.X0A) should be saved to a USB flash drive. The next time the XS is turned on, that file should be loaded, which will restore the samples to memory, and Voices that depend on them should sound.

Without knowing exactly what you did makes it difficult to determine what you’re doing wrong.

What is the full name of the library you loaded?
What size (in MB) is the library?
Where did you save your settings?
What file did you reload, and what is it’s size?

Yes, I must apologize for my english ( wich is a little rusty), for using uncorrect terms: as you write,"charged" means “loaded” and “patch” means “voices”, and for the confusion I make yesterday night .
I’ve loaded individual voices from different libraries , some that doesn’t involve samples ( “Studio and Stage") and some that involved samples ( “Magical Pads”, “Organimation"). After the operation I saved settings in a “all file” in a USB key, then I loaded the “organimation” performance but I find that they don’t work if you don’t load the all voices, so I charged the “all file” precedently saved in order to restore.
The problem comes out after this operation; the next time I turned on my XS I didn’t load the all file that I saved .
In the afternoon when I’m hom I’ll try to better answer to your questions.
Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2017 @ 11:16 AM
Marksynth82
Joined  01-09-2017

The reloaded file size is 1,6 MB; I put the voices to user banks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2017 @ 03:18 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

A 1.6 MB “all” file contains no samples. If part of the problem is missing sounds, it seems that the file wasn’t saved while the samples were in memory. I’m presuming that the XS has sample memory (DIMMs) installed, and that the samples loaded correctly initially.

Loading Voices and Performances from multiple files and having everything available that you need requires careful planning. Loading an “all” file in entirety will overwrite all of the User data. Loading as Type “voice” will allow single Voices to be directed to specific User locations, but it can also be used to load an entire bank (128) of Voices to USER 1, 2, or 3. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/how_to_load_a_bank_of_128_voices

Performances don’t include data for the Voices used in any of their four Parts - the Performance only points to the location of the Voices in Preset or User banks. If a Voice isn’t where a Performance expects it to be, the result can be unpredictable.

I suggest that you start by determining which Voices you want from each of the libraries, and what bank those Voices are in in the file. That way, you can selectively load things and avoid overwriting Voices that are needed. In addition, avoid loading entire “all” files if already loaded Performances are ones you want to keep.

As you progress, save “all” files. That way, if you load something and it causes loss of something that’s needed, you can reload the previous “all” file and continue, rather than having to start again from the beginning.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2017 @ 05:50 AM
Marksynth82
Joined  01-09-2017

Hi everybody, I’m here again just to let you know that a few days ago I’ve solved the problem:in fact, there was some external memory waveform to load every time the XS is turned on.
Hope you’ll have a good week-end.

Regards, Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ BROKEN INC/YES KEY
Next Topic:

Changing Pattern via MIDI? ››