mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need Opinions - Should I Purchase MOXF8?"

Posted on: February 15, 2017 @ 11:00 PM
brassclass
Total Posts:  28
Joined  12-15-2009

I currently own an XS-7 but from what I’ve heard in demos, I really like some of the sounds and features of the MOXF8.  I will admit there is still plenty I could still learn about my XS-7.  Question - Would it be foolish to purchase an MOXF8 while already owning an XS-7? Would there be many advantages in having both? They seem very similar in some ways.......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2017 @ 03:34 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

They are similar in many ways, but more to the point, they are different in a very significant way:

The action of the XS7 is totally different than the MOXF8.

Many people own and operate both a synth-action keyboard (XS7), as well as a piano-action keyboard (MOXF8).

I think that single difference is much more “weighty” than anything having to do with sounds, waveforms, etc.

IMHO, I believe that is the most compelling reason to consider owning both.  The difference in sounds is minimal, and there are a few feature upgrades.

I believe most any Demo you have heard that makes the MOXF shine could be duplicated by the XS...in the right hands!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Layered VOICEs in MIXING MODE?
Next Topic:

Question about Master Mode ››