mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF Editor in Cubase Question, export as midi"

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 11:56 PM
bunzi1964
Total Posts:  82
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi,
Finally got Cubase 9 and VST editor up and working with XF6.
I only have the USB hookup, not the fire wire

I know the USB can only do midi data.

I made a 3 track test midi song in cubase and picked the motif instruments on the VST editor.....The cubase sequencer plays back through the Motif perfectly.

Question is, When exporting that midi song file from cubase, saving to a stick, then loading into a song file on the XF, the file does not save the motif instruments that where set in XF editor.....all 3 tracks are piano on the motif.....i can change these back to the instruments i want on the tracks in the motif, and it sounds perfect, but would like to not have to.

My goal is to make midi song files in cubase, then load onto motif sequencer to take with me, instead of the laptop.  I was hoping not to have to edit the file once in the motif.....can this be done?

Thanks for any advice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2017 @ 12:30 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi bunzi1964,

You can draw in Program Change and Bank Select MIDI controller events. (with the pencil tool for example)

There are lanes for various MIDI controllers in the Cubase Key Edit page and if correctly drawn in, your Motif will recognise what voices go where, and change to them.

They get ‘baked in’ to your MIDI file when you export it.

Program Change and Bank Select data can be found in the Voice List for your Motif XF which is in the Data List document.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2017 @ 10:37 AM
bunzi1964
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi Phil,
Oh ok, that sounds great, will learn that and try it out.

Im the guy who gave up on Logic Pro 9.......I am sticking with Cubase now as it is working with the XF editor.

Thanks again Phil. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2017 @ 11:32 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you are using the VST editor, then you can save the Mixing for your Song to the XF and load your MIDI files into that song which will now have all the voices set properly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2017 @ 10:01 PM
bunzi1964
Joined  12-09-2012

Hi Meat,
Ok, will explore that method as well......I tried this method 1st just now...Saved the mix setup on the motif itself, set the editor offline, then loaded the midi file into that song from the memory stick, it actually worked. The instruments stayed on each track in the motif as i set them with the vst editor, pretty cool.
Thanks for the advice.

I need to get better at the midi code, but this woks for now.
Thanks again to both of you, rock on!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF/Cubase Quetions (New User)
Next Topic:

Duran Duran "Rio" Arp ››