mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "keyboards & DAW"

Posted on: February 13, 2017 @ 08:38 AM
MXF
Total Posts:  33
Joined  02-11-2012

HI I have 3 keyboards MOXF, FA06, PA3X and my DAW is Cubase 9 they are all connected with their separate USB into my desktop.
They all also have separate audio cables which go into my RME sound card. Kindly please tell me about the following for Midi recording only not for audio recording.
When I change my project tempo in Cubase then how can I get the keyboards to follow the same Cubase tempo? What internal settings do I need for Cubase and the 3 keyboards individually?
Please keep in mind that my main controller is PA3x!

When I record Moxf ARPEGGIO in Cubase the Moxf does not match the Cubase tempo...........  What settings to I need to set for this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 02:01 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi there

In Cubase (unless they have moved it in 9) you need to set the MIDI clock destinations in Transport - Project Synchronization Setup... to include all your MIDI outs used, and all your boards of course needs to be set to use external clock when present.

Best of luck
zpink

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 10:59 AM
MXF
Total Posts:  33
Joined  02-11-2012

Thanks for help zpink, I have managed to set the Cubase tempo and it’s all fine but I am having problems with the Moxf internal utility settings, as an experiment in the beginning I set Cubase tempo to 130 after 4 bars I increase the tempo to 150 Moxf did change the tempo but it only went to 144 so I need to adjust the Moxf internal settings but I don’t know which setting please kindly tell me what I need to do!

Basically When I record Moxf ARPEGGIO in Cubase the Moxf does not match the Cubase tempo...........  What settings to I need to set for this?
I have sent 2 pictures 1 is for Cubase and the other is for Moxf from the owner manual please tell me how to do what it is saying I am confused I have been working at this for a long time but I am not able to do it I really need to clear this up thanks. Thanks

aa2.jpg

rr.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2017 @ 11:55 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi again

Sorry, I don’t have time to start Cubase and test here, but from your screenshot, your Roland for instance won’t receive MIDI clock. I have all the destinations ticked in my own settings, it’s hard to see which MoXF ones you have checked since I can’t scroll the image.
I would check them all as a first step though.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Clarity on USB audio sent to DAW
Next Topic:

EQ on AD instrument inputs? ››