mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sample Waves & Voices gone each time I reboot my XF"

Posted on: February 12, 2017 @ 03:13 PM
hiltoncam
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-20-2012

Hi Guys,

I’ve had my XF for quite a few years now and never used the sample function because I don’t have DAW and I didn’t quite know how to use it.

I’ve been trying to use it lately because I’d like to use a sampled drum loop in a song.

I go through all the steps of saving it as a waveform, editing it to 160bpm and slicing it so that it can adapt to the tempo of my song.

Using “pattern mode” to build my song, I trigger the sample beat in track 1 and it sounds great with the accompaniment.  But, after switching it off and on again, all I hear is a piano at the first note because my trigger is C3 note.

I’ve read about having to store the sample as a User Voice, so I’ve done that too - saved it as User Voice in User bank as voice USER004 drum & bass, but it’s still not there when I reboot my keyboard.

I tried storing the original wave on my expansion memory - I have 2 boards of 1gb each and the wav is there, but the samples are gone as are the waveforms.

Why oh why did Yamaha not build this keyboard to sample and save your waves after slicing them automatically as a user voice?  This is soooo complex and takes the fun out of composing music because it becomes more like “work” instead of “art”.

I love this keyboard because it does so many other things so well, but honestly, being limited by the drum & bass loops available in the arp section is limiting my creativity now.

Perhaps its time to look at something else?  Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2017 @ 03:47 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
hiltoncam - 12 February 2017 03:13 PM

[...]Any ideas?

While editing a sample, the data is held in SDRAM. That memory is volatile - the contents are lost when the XF’s power is turned off. After you’ve edited (sliced, etc.) under Integrated Sampling, did you copy your work to a flash module? (There’s a Sampling Job for that.) If you do, that should retain your Waveform between power cycles.

See [F3]Other - 03:Copy to Flash Memory on pages 129 and 135 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531).

[ Ignore ]