mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I save a list of voice splits and layers on to the Smart card"

Posted on: January 13, 2017 @ 12:51 PM
rooboy100#
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-13-2017

I am trying to save a list of voices and keyboard splits so that during a performance (gig), I can change with the mininum key presses
for the next song.Can anyone please point me in the right direction.
I am using a Motif 8 keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2017 @ 06:23 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Simply create an All file and everything in the Motif is saved.

Are you asking how to get a list of what is on the card?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2017 @ 02:31 PM
rooboy100#
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-13-2017

This is a new keyboard which I bought second hand and I am struggling a bit with it.  I have now worked out that I can save my edited voices and splits/layers into my favourites, and that enables me to call them up quickly and easily.  However no matter what I try I cannot get them to load onto the memory card.  When I create a new folder all it will save is the user voices in voice mode, not in perform mode where I am storing edited voices splits etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2017 @ 04:49 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Do you have the manual? If not, you can get it here

An All file is a file that contains every setting in the Motif...voices, performances, songs, patterns, samples, system settings...in a single file. You can then restore everything or just the parts you want.

For a new user it’s a really good idea to get used to saving these on a Smart Media card.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2017 @ 05:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rooboy100# - 14 January 2017 02:31 PM

This is a new keyboard which I bought second hand and I am struggling a bit with it.

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you won’t mind my correcting your use of terminology. If we both use the same terms, it makes understanding each other easier.

rooboy100# -

I have now worked out that I can save my edited voices and splits/layers into my favourites, and that enables me to call them up quickly and easily.

The term Yamaha uses is to STORE edited Voices, etc., on the Motif.

rooboy100# -

However no matter what I try I cannot get them to load onto the memory card. When I create a new folder all it will save is the user voices in voice mode, not in perform mode where I am storing edited voices splits etc.

In order to SAVE Performances, as meatballfulton suggested, do so with file Type “All”. See pages 97 and 262-264 of the Motif Owner’s Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/3389), for the procedure to SAVE an “All” file and description of file Types.

EDIT: I got distracted, and meatballfulton posted before I did.

[ Ignore ]