mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Rack ES: MIDI thru port when using USB connection"

Posted on: December 28, 2016 @ 11:06 PM
BruceV
Total Posts:  5
Joined  12-28-2016

I’m using a USB connection between the ES and a computer sequencer, but would like to forward the data going to the ES to another device using the MIDI thru connector. Initial trials haven’t worked, the thru port doesn’t seem to be active with MIDI status set to USB. Is this a setting thing, is there something I need to do to get thru working.

A diagram on pg 19 of the manual suggests that this should be possible.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2016 @ 12:36 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

If you want the same data being sent to the Rack ES via USB to be available at the MIDI-Out connector, then the ThruPort setting in Utility mode has to match the port number being used for USB. For example, when sending data via USB to Rack port 1, the ThruPort setting should also be “1”. See “ThruPort” on page 91 of the Motif-Rack ES Owner’s Manual.

On the other hand, if you wanted your computer sequencer to address the second device separately from the Rack ES, then data for the second device should be sent via USB to a different port, and the ThruPort setting should match that port number.

By the way, there’s a separate forum for the Rack ES:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewforum/114/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2016 @ 12:45 AM
BruceV
Total Posts:  5
Joined  12-28-2016

Thanks. That’s the confirmation I need.

Really appreciate the prompt response!

[ Ignore ]