mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Saving voices to the (16) butons"

Posted on: November 08, 2016 @ 10:55 AM
Mr Hammond
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-08-2011

Hi Guys - On the MOX6, I want to save just voices with certain volume levels to the 16 buttons for live performances.  I know this is done in master mode but I cant get it to work.  Could someone please give me the exact steps for this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2016 @ 11:39 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There’s probably too much to provide step-by-step instructions, and Master mode isn’t necessary unless you’re wanting to do more than you asked about.

First see…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_mixing_program_to_organize_your_live_setup
...which explains how to use Song/Pattern modes for live performances.

Next, see Mixing Voice Edit beginning on page 122 of the MOX Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48534) if you want to store edited versions (modified volume levels, etc.) of Voices for a particular Mixing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 09, 2016 @ 08:47 AM
Mr Hammond
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-08-2011

Thanks for the reply, But this is so complicated, obviously not designed for ease of use for live performance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 09, 2016 @ 02:16 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Mr Hammond - 09 November 2016 08:47 AM

Thanks for the reply, But this is so complicated, obviously not designed for ease of use for live performance.

I won’t negate your conclusion, the way you feel about ease-of-use is 100% valid for you .

However, I have found that setting up VOICES as PARTS in a MIXING is really not very complicated once you have mastered it...sort of like tying a shoe.

And the beauty is, the programming of this MIXING is done away from the stage.  So once it is set up, it is extremely easy to selectively recall numerous PARTS at will, during a live performance.

You might give it another try, because it is definitely a convenient and useful feature for many here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2016 @ 07:11 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Does OP just want to set up 16 consecutive Performances (or even 16 consecutive User Voices)?

I agree Master mode is not needed to just do this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2016 @ 08:23 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
motidave - 23 November 2016 07:11 PM

Does OP just want to set up 16 consecutive Performances (or even 16 consecutive User Voices)? [...]

Perhaps, but “I want to save just voices with certain volume levels to the 16 buttons for live performances” (emphasis added) suggested a Mixing to me. As you know, delay in switching sounds in other modes is typically what players want to avoid when performing live.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Total Eclipse Organ/Synth Patch
Next Topic:

BEAT IT sounds ››