mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Breath controller with Motif Rack ES (or XS)"

Posted on: November 14, 2016 @ 06:21 PM
szurcio
Total Posts:  29
Joined  10-03-2009

I have both a Motif Rack ES (with the VL plugin board) and a Motif Rack XS. I’ve been trying to set up the TEControl USB breath controller to use it with either one of these two synths. However, I don’t know how to select its MIDI input in the Motif editor software. In the Studio Manager setup, I activated both my keyboard midi input and the breath controller input but here is the problem: when I check the “Through” option for the keyboard input, I can play my keyboard but the breath controller does not work. When I check the “Through” option for the breath controller input, it works and affects the sound but I have to click on the on-screen keyboard in the Motif editor with the mouse to hear it because my MIDI keyboard does not work then. How can I select 2 midi inputs in Studio Manager to be able to play both the keyboard and the breath controller at the same time? Or is there another way to be able to use both with VL voices? I’m sorry, it’s the first time I’m using a breath controller.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2016 @ 01:41 AM
szurcio
Joined  10-03-2009

Never mind - I figured it out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2016 @ 08:24 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
szurcio - 15 November 2016 01:41 AM

Never mind - I figured it out.

Please share what you did so that others might benefit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2016 @ 05:30 PM
szurcio
Joined  10-03-2009

I’m just using a MIDI cable (from my MIDI controller keyboard to the MIDI input on the back of the Motif Rack ES) and I selected my breath controller for MIDI Thru in the Studio Manager software. I also activated the MIDI input and output in the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver interface. I’m now getting occasional MIDI errors on the Motif Rack screen but, other than that, it seems to work fine.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ connecting my kx8
Next Topic:

Motif Rack ES arpeggio problem ››