mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Adding Leslie to an organ voice (that doesn’t originally have it)"

Posted on: November 01, 2016 @ 02:04 PM
drerwc
Total Posts:  21
Joined  11-01-2016

I’m talking specifically about the 1972 organ voice. That seems to be the closest sound to “Born To Be Wild” but it doesn’t have Leslie on the mod wheel. I’ve tried layering it with another voice that did have Leslie control but it kind of muddled the voice.
Is it possible?  If so, does anyone have instructions?
Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2016 @ 02:14 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Have you changed the Insert Effects yet? If Insert B is the Distortion amp, then change Insert A to the same as Insert B and then change Insert B to the Rotary Speaker effect. Hope this works for you!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2016 @ 02:20 PM
drerwc
Joined  11-01-2016

I will try that!  Thanks!  I’m assuming I start with “edit” button then look for “insert effects” as an option.
Thanks again!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2016 @ 06:30 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016
drerwc - 01 November 2016 02:20 PM

I will try that!  Thanks!  I’m assuming I start with “edit” button then look for “insert effects” as an option.
Thanks again!!

In Voice mode: Press the Edit Button. Then go to the Effects tab. From there go to Ins. B. Change that to Rotary Speaker. Go to Ins. A. Make that the same as the old Ins. B effect.

If you like what you have when you are done, save it. Press the Store button and select a location. Press enter and the Yes button. There it is, saved and all.

-Max

EDIT Sorry! I forgot to check your profile to see what instrument you have! I have a Motif XF, not a MX series instrument. These instructions may not work on your MX. They are for a Motif XF. SORRY!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2016 @ 08:19 PM
drerwc
Joined  11-01-2016
Mighty Motif Max - 01 November 2016 06:30 PM
drerwc - 01 November 2016 02:20 PM

Thanks again!!

In Voice mode: Press the Edit Button. Then go to the Effects tab. From there go to Ins. B. Change that to Rotary Speaker. Go to Ins. A. Make that the same as the old Ins. B effect.

If you like what you have when you are done, save it. Press the Store button and select a location. Press enter and the Yes button. There it is, saved and all.

-Max

EDIT Sorry! I forgot to check your profile to see what instrument you have! I have a Motif XF, not a MX series instrument. These instructions may not work on your MX. They are for a Motif XF. SORRY!!!!

No worries!  I just found out the the MX only has one insert effect per voice rather than two.
My plan is to use two of the same voice in layer. Have distortion in one and rotary in the other.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2016 @ 12:51 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The Rotary effect has parameters called Drive, one each for the horn and Rotor. See if that gives you enough distortion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2016 @ 11:38 AM
drerwc
Joined  11-01-2016
meatballfulton - 02 November 2016 12:51 PM

The Rotary effect has parameters called Drive, one each for the horn and Rotor. See if that gives you enough distortion.

Interesting!  Thanks for the tip!  I’ve been tweaking and layering different voices for over a week now and just can’t get it. I would pay good money just for that voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ rythm pattern and arpeggiator changes
Next Topic:

How to convert MOX files to MX ?? ››