mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording MOX6 on REAPER"

Posted on: October 10, 2016 @ 03:08 AM
cosec
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-10-2016

Hi guy, I am sorry to create a thread on something so basic and something that might have already been discussed here. But I am at the end of my wits here trying to record my mox6 using Reaper.

Here is the problem
1)Using quick setup A in my mox6 i am able to use inbuilt vst plugins and and record it easily.
2)but when I just want to record my mox6 voice, say Grand Piano, i can’t
3)I try to add a new virtual instrument(VSTi) and Reaper delivers some weird messages and the mox editor shows up and doesn’t work at all.

So, can someone experienced can load up REAPER (its just 11mb) and find out to how record my voice performance in it would really be a life saver. I have a puny Lenovo Yoga 300 , i don;t think i can run cubase on it.

Image Attachments
1.JPG2.JPGpref.JPGprefs.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2016 @ 11:38 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You don’t need to use the editor to record audio and MIDI from the MOX.

Although Reaper supports VST3 and should work with the editor, I see on the Reaper forums many questions about how to get this to work with no answers, so you might want to skip the editor altogether.

If you do not know how to record without using the editor, let us know and we can walk you through it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2016 @ 11:11 PM
cosec
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-10-2016
meatballfulton - 10 October 2016 11:38 AM

You don’t need to use the editor to record audio and MIDI from the MOX.

Although Reaper supports VST3 and should work with the editor, I see on the Reaper forums many questions about how to get this to work with no answers, so you might want to skip the editor altogether.

If you do not know how to record without using the editor, let us know and we can walk you through it.

Thanks for the reply ,mate. If that is the case, please tell me how to record without using the editor, in a newbie friendly language ; thanks. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2016 @ 03:37 AM
jozsihome
Total Posts:  94
Joined  11-28-2015
cosec - 10 October 2016 11:11 PM

Thanks for the reply ,mate. If that is the case, please tell me how to record without using the editor, in a newbie friendly language ; thanks. :)

Simplest way is to create one single stereo audio channel and record audio coming from MOX with Reaper.
You may have other prepared/prerecorded tracks in Reaper that can be listened to while recording.
Of course, you can define as many stereo or mono channels as you wish and record your song track by track.
At the same time you can record midi information as well by recording midi flow from MOX/USB.
Note that if you want to record more than one midi track at the same time you should use sond/mixing mode and setup midi tracks via MOX control panel.
You can setup midi channels to control vsti-s as well, if you wish (again, in song/mixing mode).
MOX editor is unnecessary at all for this kind of studio work.
Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]