mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Upgrade question"

Posted on: May 29, 2016 @ 05:03 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Hey everyone.  I’ve not tried cakewalk in 3 yrs.  I registered ver 6ai but never installed.  I’ve since lost the CD. 
In any event, I’ve been getting more adept with another DAW and decided revisiting cakewalk might be a good effort given its relationship with the XF.  Saw on the “my steinberg” page that I could take advantage of an upgrade to version 8ai for $9.99.  Does anyone know if this would be the full install of 8ai, or would it require an existing install of a previous version?  I haven’t heard back from Steinberg so I figured one of my Motifator brothers would likely know

Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2016 @ 07:45 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

If by ‘Cakewalk’ you mean Cubase, then I’m pretty sure that I got the full install when I upgraded from Elements 7 to 8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2016 @ 08:02 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

If you have something registered with Steinberg, even Cubase Ai5 as a ‘soft license’ (not requiring a usb dongle), you should be able to upgrade to the Full version of Ai8. I know of someone who didn’t even have that app in the applications folder on the computer and the disk could not be found. It turned out with a simple support request question it was resolved.

I don’t hesitate sending a Support Requests to them telling what I might like to do for their guidance and to see what my options are.

Let us know how it went.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2016 @ 10:26 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Thx zpink for the reality check...I did mean cubebase .  Back in the early 90’s I bought cakewalk 3.0 and it was on two 31/2” disks.  Very rudimentary back then and the name stuck after all these years. 

And thanks for the info on Steinberg.  I’ll report back

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2016 @ 02:57 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014
richie1027 - 29 May 2016 10:26 PM

Thx zpink for the reality check...I did mean cubebase .  Back in the early 90’s I bought cakewalk 3.0 and it was on two 31/2” disks.  Very rudimentary back then and the name stuck after all these years. 

And thanks for the info on Steinberg.  I’ll report back

Never used Cakewalk myself, but I do remember the days of floppies, and backing up one’s own Window onto a number of them! ;-)

Cubase 8 was quite a big cosmetic upgrade amongst other things, I love the fact that you now can run the mixer full-screen on your 2nd monitor. I’m sure you’ll like it! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2016 @ 10:23 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Make_A_JOYful_Noise is correct. I’ve upgraded Cubase a few times and it does not require the previous version installed, only the license.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Laptop or desktop?
Next Topic:

Cubase AI8 vs LE8 upgrade for Motif XF/Korg PA ››