mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "CDROM set for MOTIF 6"

Posted on: February 22, 2016 @ 11:15 AM
ToddBMarshall
Total Posts:  9
Joined  02-19-2016

Hi,

I purchased a used MOTIF 6 and did not get the CDROM set of disks. I have been able to scrounge most of what I need with the exception of the File Utility. I have not found it on Yamaha’s site nor do I find content for the CDROMs to download.

1) Does anyone know where I can get copies of the CDROMs
2) Does anyone know where I can download the File Utility program for Windows Vista and/or Windows 7 ... 32bit and 64 bit.

Thanks…
Todd

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2016 @ 01:54 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

File Utility stopped being supported many years ago and I would expect you might have troubles with Vista or 7. Do they have an XP mode you can use?

Can’t help you with a source for the software.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2016 @ 03:55 PM
ToddBMarshall
Joined  02-19-2016
meatballfulton - 22 February 2016 01:54 PM

File Utility stopped being supported many years ago and I would expect you might have troubles with Vista or 7. Do they have an XP mode you can use?

Can’t help you with a source for the software.

Don’t have XP running anywhere anymore. I have ordered a SmartMedia reader (a 64MB card came with instrument). Hopefully that’s not read only and I can transfer to computer using the card after writing from the MOTIF 6 (and vice versa).

Comments on that welcome.
Thanks…
Todd

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2016 @ 04:28 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

When I owned my ES I had no problems with using an SM reader, so you should be OK.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2016 @ 02:53 PM
ToddBMarshall
Joined  02-19-2016

Thanks. First one of these (MOTIF) I’ve used. Pretty amazing sounds. I’m looking forward to coupling it with my SONAR. Also have a PSR-750 which I should also be able to couple it with. Now the only thing I need is talent.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sequencing in the motif 6
Next Topic:

Newowner - Saving Pattern / Quantize confusion ››