mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sysex code for OSC Waveform?"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: March 01, 2015 @ 07:21 PM
zamise
Total Posts:  17
Joined  11-04-2007

Hey!  I was able to confirm that 41 as the high address didn’t do anything on the RS.  I was able to change voice banks with 10 high and dif settings on the low for msb lsb banks and program number.  I was able to change a lot of stuff according to the RS’s data list.  None of it looked to be any different than what I had access to using the RS alone and it’s own menus and knobs.  However occasionally I would do something strange, no telling what exactly, and a voice would do something unexpected or wacky.  It seemed totally random, sometimes the vari effect or the attack EG on amp would change or something like that, that didn’t have to do with what I was changing according to anything shown on the data list.  So I don’t know all what is going on but it is looking doubtful I’ll be able to change anything on the element/waveform level.  I’m still going to play around with it for a bit and see I can understand it more and maybe run in to something not documented.

Anyhow, thanks for the help SSquared, and everyone else too, btw I’m using Bome’s send sx to transmit the sysex codes.  I also did a recieve on the voice banks and so happen to notice it sends and will receive a different code format for voices too, which also include the track number the voice is assigned to, but I’m not 100% sure how that is working too.  It looks like this:

B0 00 3F
B0 20 00
C0 01

That is track 1 SyBa&Ld1;FunkBass

B1 00 3F
B1 20 00
C1 01

Track 2 SyBa&Ld1;FunkBass for comparison.

Again thanks everyone!

Zam

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2015 @ 07:34 PM
zamise
Joined  11-04-2007

Also, anyone happen to know what pp or ee means for the addresses?  00 seems to be OK for pp I guess, wondering if means it supposed to always be pp or if that has some variable assigned to it and ee I see in the data list sometimes too.  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2015 @ 05:18 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

ee - Refers to element number.  Maybe a voice has multiple elements.  ‘ee’ refers to which of the elements you want to change.  Numbering starts at 00.  So if you want to change Volume for the third element, you will use 02 for ‘ee’.

pp - Refers to part number in a Multi-Part.  Also starts at 00 for the first Part.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 01:35 PM
zamise
Joined  11-04-2007

Ah, that makes sense, thanks again SSquared.

While I was messing around somehow I ran in to a code that blanked the voice out with --- --- --- for MSB LSB Prgm and had no sound, but I couldn’t get it to do it again, so maybe just a fluke.  I’m pretty sure what they list in the Sysex Parameter change tables for their synths is pretty much it and not to expect to find any hidden or undocumented ones.  It would have been nice to swap out element/waveforms on the RS7000.  I hope to run across and get a CS6R some time so I can have some more fun with this part of Yamahas synths.

I forget, so was there a Motif, or are all of them, able to access changing the elements out, or just the CS6X/CS6R?  If so, maybe I’ll look in t getting a rack version of a Motif too if they are easier to come by, I’m looking to fill two spaces with something decent.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2015 @ 03:27 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

All the Motifs I’ve used (S90, Rack-XS and MOXF) allow you to edit down to every detail of a Voice.  You can get right down to the elements and change which waveform to use.  Though, keep in mind, this is not always available through the front panel.  For example, the S90/Rack-XS both require external editors if you want to change anything other than the Common data.

As I mentioned earlier, I’ve used TB MIDI Stuff on the iPad to make edits on the synths.  One time I had to turn off some elements in a voice on an S90. I used this app for turning off those elements (since you can’t do it from the S90’s front panel).  Yamaha usually supplies Voice Editors with their synths in both Mac and Windows versions.  The iPad is just a personal preference for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2