mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“Wounded Soul” by Mike Huntingford"

Posted on: January 23, 2014 @ 05:06 PM
MikeHuntingford
Total Posts:  758
Joined  11-22-2009

I hope you enjoy this.

Mike Huntingford

File Attachments
Wounded Soul with Leads.mp3  (File Size: 12173KB - Downloads: 321)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2014 @ 05:41 PM
microjoes
Total Posts:  51
Joined  01-01-2014

I love it! Especially the short organ riffs. I don’t know if it was my iPad speaker but when the electronic piano was playing early on it was quite loud compared to the accompniant. The drum fills were really nice, actually perfect.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 08:50 AM
MikeHuntingford
Joined  11-22-2009

@microjoes - thanks Sir, glad you enjoyed the piece… the EP is actually vibraphone and in my mix it sounds okay with no red peaks… But I will listen to it on different sound setups to ensure that it is not too loud as you suggest.

Yep, I love the organs too - used a couple in this piece.  Also, using brass ensembles more and more… I find that they are sorrily missed in music today (think Earth, Wind and Fire and also Chicago - my influence for sure).

Thanks again,

Mike Huntingford

http://reverbnation.com/mikehuntingford

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 08:55 AM
microjoes
Joined  01-01-2014
MikeHuntingford - 24 January 2014 08:50 AM

@microjoes - thanks Sir, glad you enjoyed the piece… the EP is actually vibraphone and in my mix it sounds okay with no red peaks… But I will listen to it on different sound setups to ensure that it is not too loud as you suggest.

Yep, I love the organs too - used a couple in this piece.  Also, using brass ensembles more and more… I find that they are sorrily missed in music today (think Earth, Wind and Fire and also Chicago - my influence for sure).

Thanks again,

Mike Huntingford

http://reverbnation.com/mikehuntingford

I did listen to it on my desktop speakers (Bose) and it sounded much better than the ipad. I agree the brass is a big compliment and really brings body to the song. I think people are afraid to use brass or woodwinds sometimes. I recently saw a rock band Ryan Dillah and the Miracle Men and they had a full horn section in a small venue. It was an amazing sound I will never forget.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 10:32 AM
MikeHuntingford
Joined  11-22-2009

Hi

That’s good to know.  When I mix, I do tend to make the mix sound big… sometimes that takes me dangerously close to red levels and clippings… so I must dance that dance.

I will check them out - Ryan Dillah and the Miracle Men.

Cheers,

Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 10:43 AM
microjoes
Joined  01-01-2014

Actually spelled Dillaha

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Don’t do it by ROx
Next Topic: