mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha mm6 control from an external midi controller"

Posted on: January 01, 2014 @ 09:16 PM
depblue
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-01-2014

I have read in various forums that the Midi input in mm6 was not functional for playing sounds that were not GM , so I checked just have to charge you the sysex data ( exclusive system for the purpose ) and CC ( for vocals ) of the instrument
wish to play from an external midi controller , sequencer logic , cubase , sonar ...
I will describe the steps to do this is very simple and has no complication.
What we have is that we want to record the instrument by playing the role of “ recording your own performance “ p. 29 of the manual, only the main voice recording so if you want to play other voices simultaneously have to repeat the process for each.
Very important for the voices sound like in memory performance (when more than one simultaneously ) we to apply the same reverb , chorus and DSP effect we have on the main voice dual and split voice voice when we record , this happens because you can only have one effect of chorus , reverb and DSP simultaneously to all voices.
Every voice will record a channel example : main voice channel 1,
dual voice channel 2 and channel 3 split voice (we can record up to 8 voices more rhythm) .
Then when we’re done we just have to select record song automatically voices loaded on each channel , you do not play it and we can play them by an external controller ,assigning a channel from the controller to each voice and if the range of notes that corresponds.
It only remains to connect the keyboard to the controller via a cable connected to the midi controller midi out and midi in the
mm6 , if a sequencer is used for PC output can be usb to host or usb midi in if you have sound card with game port.
In my case I use a Korg M1 as controller only has one channel assignable output for the midi out , there is no problem
for that we can use a midi router , specifically I use the midi solutions manufacturer ,
which lets you make up to 10 simultaneous events ranges configurations assignable note to a midi channel from 1 to 16 with two assignable midi outputs could start out with this keyboard in several parts, events have also cc (control change) so up to 9 types assignable input events , but that would only be necessary in the case of the controller only has one channel assignable midi out which is rare today .
And nothing more I hope someone will be helpful this simple tutorial, use much this keyboard for pianos , bass sounds and synthetic .
1 greeting.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2014 @ 09:32 PM
depblue
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-01-2014

I’m sorry have to go in mm6/8 forum

[ Ignore ]