mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Songs recorded with the Cloud app ?"

Posted on: October 13, 2013 @ 03:46 PM
therottweiler
Total Posts:  40
Joined  09-28-2013

Has anyone recorded with the Cloud Audio Recorder for the Motif XF ? I heard a demo by BadMister and it sounded great, but he’s a Motif guru, so i need to hear someone else’s work and see if the quality of the sound is really that good…

Thanks in advance !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2013 @ 07:38 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

With the processing power in the XF you can truly make the mix sound like whatever you desire. You can mimic any era from the past… Want to make the mix sound like Motown sixties, or like the Beatles mixes of that same era, or recreate Disco, or synth pop, of the seventies and eighties, any type sound you want.

Even if you’ve never worked the classic gear of those eras, you can learn how it was done tweaking the Effect presets… And of course, by listening closely to those mixes. Developing your own sound is the real interesting part.

The Audio Cloud for Motif XF records at 16-bit/44.1kHz quality, what it actually sounds like is up to you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2013 @ 03:47 AM
therottweiler
Joined  09-28-2013
Bad_Mister - 14 October 2013 07:38 AM

With the processing power in the XF you can truly make the mix sound like whatever you desire. You can mimic any era from the past… Want to make the mix sound like Motown sixties, or like the Beatles mixes of that same era, or recreate Disco, or synth pop, of the seventies and eighties, any type sound you want.

Even if you’ve never worked the classic gear of those eras, you can learn how it was done tweaking the Effect presets… And of course, by listening closely to those mixes. Developing your own sound is the real interesting part.

The Audio Cloud for Motif XF records at 16-bit/44.1kHz quality, what it actually sounds like is up to you!

I know that, the question was from a technical standpoint. I wanted to know if the app really preserves the quality of the Motif sounds and the characteristics of a mix - like panning for example.

What I want to do is - record all the voices in my mix to the app (individually), upload the audio files to a private SoundCloud page, download the audio files in my computer and then import them into Pro Tools and do the final mastering there.

I’m not really a tech guy, so I try to stay away from using mLAN or FW. But will the results be similar in terms of sound quality to using mLAN or FW if I go with the process I just described ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2013 @ 04:35 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What I want to do is - record all the voices in my mix to the app (individually), upload the audio files to a private SoundCloud page, download the audio files in my computer and then import them into Pro Tools and do the final mastering there.

Really!?! How are you going to line them all up… Not a good plan, my friend… It would be better to get a proper audio interface, synchronize the clocks of the Motif XF and your DAW.

The Audio Cloud for Motif XF, of course, transfers the data as a 16-bit / 44.1kHz stereo Wav, of course it maintains the stereo but your plan will NOT work as you will be guessing where the .wav belongs position wise… Sorry just not a good plan, it will never work.

Besides get an audio interface like the FW16E now you have synchronizing options (be professional) plus you will record the data at 24-bit with sample rates as high as 96kHz… Quality, speed and success will follow you if you take this path.

I’m afraid defeat will follow you down the other… The app is for mixing down the final project done in the XF, NOT transferring data to the computer for individual tracking.... Just not a good idea, sorry.

Results will be noticeably better via an audio interface… Transferring data at pristine 24-bit is like taking a very high resolution photo - recommended state while tracking, yes you final product will be 16-bit/44.1kHz but you definitely want to record your individual tracks at 24-bit… No joke, most people cannot tell the difference between 44.1, 48, 88.2 even 96k, but everyone hears the difference between 16-bit and 24-bit!!!

If you are afraid of FW then you should get a separate hardware audio interface that is easy enough for you to use… Easy usually means you will be trading some quality for ease of use… But if you know that’s where you are, don’t feel bad or negative about it, just get it done.

But give yourself a chance… (At least)

... forget about your application for the App!

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2013 @ 05:51 AM
therottweiler
Joined  09-28-2013

I don’t see why track alignment would be such an issue, since I know the tempo and I also know the bar at which each voice starts to play (from the Motif note edit menu). I could use Melodyne to easily sync the tracks and then import that arrangement into Pro Tools. After all, I would be having syncing problems if recording with live instruments as well…

I will look more into FW though because of the sample rate argument…

I have a friend who is a studio engineer and has a well equipped home studio, but has never worked with the Motif before. If I get mLAN or FW installed to my Motif Is there anything he should read first ?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 28 weeks later OST cover by ROx
Next Topic:

"De Santo Domingo a San Juan" (salsa) ››