mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PX7!!!  =O"

Posted on: December 13, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

http://shop.propellerheads.se/product/px7-fm-synthesizer/

Propellerhead just recently unveiled a new Rack Extension for Reason called PX7.  It is an FM synthesizer faithfully based off of the DX7.  They even have an online patch convertor to convert patches from DX7 to PX7!

Thoughts?  Anybody else get to play with this?

I’ve been playing around with it for a couple days and it sounds uncanny!  Very impressed with Propellerhead.  Hesitant to buy because I already own an actual DX100.  Sure, it’s only 4 operators instead of the 6.  We’ll see if I change my mind in the future.  This thing is very cool!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2012 @ 07:59 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

I don’t use Reason so can’t say whether this is a good or bad VI.

Honestly, it would be nice if it was AU or VST and not Reason-only.

That said, I doubt if it’s any better than Native Instruments FM8. Or
Oxe, which is a freeware VST VI that sounds great -

http://www.oxesoft.com/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

Thanks Dave!

The PX7 was faithfully modeled after the DX7.  With the patch convertor, DX7 users can’t tell the difference between the DX7 and PX7!  I’m not sure if the others aim to do this...?

I’ve been using Reason for years.  I’m just happy that they have finally found a way to include plugins in their unique software.  What’s cool is Propellerhead assumes all responsibility for any developer’s plugins to work on either platform (Mac OS or Windows) and into the future inside future versions of Reason.  The RE plugins work inside the DAW seamlessly (answering to the host’s commands; such as undo, redo, etc).  All plugins go through testing at Propellerhead before being released into the shop and are sandboxed in such a way so that if there ever is a crash with a plugin then it won’t crash Reason (and I’ve never had Reason crash since I began using it in 2001). 

Being an engineer I love the intuitiveness of Reason and being able to flip to the back of the rack and see all of my cabling (and be able to reroute and connect CVs, etc. is so much fun!) Sorry to ramble on about it lol… I feel like I’ve never really had the opportunity to speak about it here in these forums.

Thanks for the heads up on Oxesoft!  I will definitely check this out.  I see it has gotten your glowing seal of approval! 

Thanks =)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Which of these dynamic mics is better?
Next Topic:

Graphics ››