mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Start Sequencer Play with a MIDI Message"

Posted on: February 02, 2012 @ 07:48 PM
JimcoSoftware
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07-13-2008

I’m using a Behringer FCB1010 foot controller with my Motif Classic. I’d like to be able to activate the Play transport control in Song mode via a foot pedal. I can find instructions on doing this with an MFC10, but it uses functions programmed into a foot switch, so I can’t tell what MIDI CC that uses.

Can anyone help me here?

Thank you!

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2012 @ 08:04 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

It’s not a CC, it’s a Song Start message. There are also Stop and Continue msgs.

Check the Data List for the contents of these messages.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2012 @ 12:31 AM
JimcoSoftware
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07-13-2008

Thanks, Meatballfulton. That’s very helpful. I wasn’t even aware of the data list. Unfortunately, I’ve found out that the Behringer FCB1010 doesn’t have the ability to transmit real time system messages, so I’m out of luck.

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2012 @ 05:12 PM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

Not sure about the MO classic, but I have a normal sustain pedal hooked up to start/stop the sequencer on my MOES7 through one of the pedal inputs on the keyboard.  You have to configure to pedal input to do this.  I also have a FCB1010 and I know you can set up the foot switches to act as a sustain pedal (either latching or not).  I’m not in my studio, so I can’t tell you exactly how, but I have done it before.

msr

[ Ignore ]