mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Making Room for New Performances"

Posted on: April 13, 2011 @ 11:58 AM
curly
Total Posts:  12
Joined  04-13-2011

OK, This is my first post.  New Motif user, XF88.  Sorry if this question has been asked before - I did search, and didn’t find anything like it.  I’ve been using Kurzweil K2500 and Roland Fantom X, so I’m used to Patches/Performances and Programs/Setups.  In both cases, there were plenty of “empty slots” in which to place new voices and new performances.  I can see on the Motif that there are three user banks of duplicate Voices that can easily be overwritten for new voices.  Doesn’t appear to be the case with Performances.  Is this the right?  If so, how does one determine which performances to delete without auditioning every performance.  Further, I’m guessing that there won’t be a block of performances that I want to delete on a wholesale basis (e.g., the first 50 performances of User 1).

The reason for the question relates to setting up Performances with layers and splits for easy reference during live performances.  With the Kurz, I could just start with a user bank that wasn’t used (e.g., 300) and put them in order.  How can this be done with the Motif?  Appreciate patience with the Newbie… Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2011 @ 12:14 PM
dereknae
Total Posts:  485
Joined  03-16-2009

Just make the performances and don’t worry about deleting,make an all file and save the performances you make..You can always do a factory reset and get all of the voices/perf that came with the xs..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2011 @ 02:07 PM
curly
Total Posts:  12
Joined  04-13-2011

Derek, thanks for your response.  When you perform, do you use master mode?  Song/Mix Mode?  Does the Motif not ask where I want to save the performance?  I guess if using master mode, it doesn’t really matter where the performance is stored?

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2011 @ 03:54 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

You should STORE Performances as ........ Performances.

Master mode is just a list of 128 ‘pointers’ to whatever you like.

And you should save Performances into an ALL-file to carry all
used Voices and samples with it.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2011 @ 04:00 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Btw.: when you STORE a Performance you will address one out of 512
positions: {Usr1-Usr4} * {A-H} * {1-16}.
The Performances that sit already there from the start are examples.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Is there anyway to retrieve unbacked up data after OS update?
Next Topic:

Transposing ››