mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Best Hammond /Leslie"

Posted on: April 01, 2022 @ 11:42 AM
AMXS
Total Posts:  33
Joined  03-06-2008

Anyone have a preference for great Hammond and Leslie samples?  FROM K Sounds or Easy Sounds?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 05, 2022 @ 02:14 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008
AMXS - 01 April 2022 11:42 AM

Anyone have a preference for great Hammond and Leslie samples?  FROM K Sounds or Easy Sounds?

Peter Krischker With Easy sounds did a nice job with his Organ session.  I’ve used that over the years, along with various voices from B’sKnees.  You can preview the B3 sounds on the Store page here on Motifator.  I have that library installed as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 05, 2022 @ 02:33 PM
AMXS
Total Posts:  33
Joined  03-06-2008

Thanks Richie, how is the Leslie effect? I know some sets feature a live Leslie at tremolo or chorus, but it’s not switchable, as it’s a sampled voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 05, 2022 @ 06:09 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008
AMXS - 05 July 2022 02:33 PM

Thanks Richie, how is the Leslie effect? I know some sets feature a live Leslie at tremolo or chorus, but it’s not switchable, as it’s a sampled voice.

Sadly I wish I could recall specifics.  I recall using the mod wheel to influence the “rotary” speed but as for other assignables, I cannot recall.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2022 @ 10:53 AM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

B’s Knees library works rather well, and the tremolo and chorus effects can be handled with most voices by the mod wheel or insertionA/B switches.  The manual explains this (not all voices work the same way).

Most samples can be easily edited/manipulated as well in voice mode (only, it seems, and not in pattern or song, but I may be wrong).  Recording, I have difficulty telling the difference between these and an actual Hammond in regard to tone, effects, etc.  Playing style (especially glissandros and trills), however, is not the same on the XF8 (due to weighted keys).  Live sound is a different story.  I have not found a decent sound through any amp (I have not tried a Leslie model) if you need power on stage. But going direct through a DI to a mixer and then to PA sounds fine.  The B’s Knees library also gives an adequate range of distorted amp sounds (and a few C-3s too).  Through creative editing, you can pretty much emulate anything a B-3 can produce in tone.  Not perfect, mind you, but generally adequate to any but the most discerning ear.

I actually have a Hammond Xk-1 on stage with my motif for gigs. Not a bad or expensive investment if its an important element for live sound.

[ Ignore ]