mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Audio Interface/Exporting Tracks"

Posted on: December 16, 2021 @ 09:05 PM
Mike916
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-06-2020

Hey guys newbie here, I have a usb with tracks on it that are programmed/saved in my es6 and wanted to see what you guys think would be a good interface as of today’s equipment standards in 2021 that I can export and get the track outs/stems..

Looking for brands/models in particular (I know alot of people would say you can use any interface) but technology has changed so much in the past 20 years since the es6 came out so I wanted to see if their were any better options and better quality products

I appreciate any help I know it’s a stupid question but I haven’t worked with hardware in years and am just getting back into it! 🙏

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2021 @ 02:05 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi there

I think you need to be a little bit more specific with regards to how many inputs you want/need etc.
If you only have the Motif and is happy to only record a stereo in, I know the Focusrite Scarlett are often mentioned and seems popular.

I don’t have one myself though, so don’t see this as a recommendation as such!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2021 @ 09:27 PM
Mike916
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-06-2020
zpink - 17 December 2021 02:05 PM

Hi there

I think you need to be a little bit more specific with regards to how many inputs you want/need etc.
If you only have the Motif and is happy to only record a stereo in, I know the Focusrite Scarlett are often mentioned and seems popular.

I don’t have one myself though, so don’t see this as a recommendation as such!

Thanks for the reply! I’m looking for something that I can hook up with maybe 3 keyboards so 6 inputs maybe 8 inputs. And yeah to record in stereo is what I’m looking for. Something with good audio signals, I have looked specifically at the focusrite interfaces but their is so many to choose from So it gets overwhelming trying to decide (like all gear Lol)

Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2021 @ 08:34 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

‘ello again

I would assume that quality wise, most/all of the main brands will be good enough these days, so there’s a lot to pick from!
I guess the old ‘truth’ still applies, get more inputs than what you currently need! ;-)

For my personal needs, the best piece of (music)gear I’ve ever bought is my Behringer XR18. It may not be right for you, of course!
If you plan to hook up more gear, it’s quite convenient to be able to mix and match your mono and stereo channels as you see fit.
For a hobbyist at my level, the built in f/x are more than adequate and with some noisy analogue stuff, the gates and compressors are very handy.

It also occupies exactly zero space since it’s hiding away on a shelf! :-)

Happy gear hunting, I’m sure you’ll find the right interface soon!

Cheers
zpink

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES6 as MIDI controller for Studio One
Next Topic:

Horn Swell ››