mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "The loss of 5 pindin"

Posted on: August 26, 2021 @ 04:39 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

I believe with the loss of 5pinDin, this site will die.  There is no support left or anyone that wants to take the time to help others like he did.  It is ashamed that Yamaha deserted this site.  Even though I love the Motif XF, it will probably be the last instrument I buy from Yamaha.

I cannot say anything good about yamahasynth site.  It is not as user friendly as this one and Bad Mister has moved on.

Goodbye to you all and goodbye to Yamaha!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2021 @ 11:27 AM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

5pinDIN is invaluable here. And that’s an understatement. ...

I’m sticking with Motif XF for as far as I can see. Motifator.com remains my preferred place to learn and discuss the Motif family platform.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2021 @ 09:37 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
RobinVT - 26 August 2021 04:39 PM

I believe with the loss of 5pinDin, this site will die.  There is no support left or anyone that wants to take the time to help others like he did.  It is ashamed that Yamaha deserted this site.  Even though I love the Motif XF, it will probably be the last instrument I buy from Yamaha.

I cannot say anything good about yamahasynth site.  It is not as user friendly as this one and Bad Mister has moved on.

Goodbye to you all and goodbye to Yamaha!

This site is an important part of Synthesizer history.  If there was not another post made on this site, the posts and discussions that have already been made over the existence of Motifator are an international treasure.  There is a wealth of knowledge here that will have value and purpose for many many decades to come.  The Motif and its family of synthesizers are unique in the history of synthesizer workstations.  And Motifator.com is an integral part of that history.  Motifator is literally part of the history of the Synthesizer Workstation and its intersection with the Internet.

With that point made, 5pinDIN’s contribution to Motifator is gargantuan and always will be.  What I’m hoping is 5pinDIN just needs some time away from Motifator, and that we will once again benefit from his contributions in the future.

When motifator.com was established there was no youtube , Twitch-tv, Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or TikToK to allow musicians to share and interact about their Motif Instruments. All we really had was Motifator.  Now all those forms of social media do exist and all have plenty of content covering the Motif and all of its derivatives.

So in 2021 and beyond motifator.com needs to evolve its mission.  It is without question that motifator.com is a veritable unparalleled knowledgebase of the Motif and all of its variants.  This will never change.  There is no more comprehensive source for all things Motif than motifator.com.

But going forward, motifator.com needs to extend its original function to that of a Society. Not just a technical support site. motifator.com needs to realize its functions as the Society for the Motif and its Family of Synthesizers.  A Society that has the capacity to take advantage of youtube, Facebook, reddit, twitter, etc, while valuing its website heritage, while benefiting from its vast repository of Motif knowledge.

I’m truly hoping 5pinDIN comes back. If he doesn’t his absence will leave a deep wound.  But at this point motifator’s contribution to synthesizer history goes beyond the contributions of any single individual and the site belongs to a much larger international collective and we should all do what we can to insure the site’s perpetual accessible existence.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Editing and Saving Voices
Next Topic:

Preparing Instrument Samples with Looping ››