mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do you change the amplitude on a drum kit in Pattern Mode?"

Posted on: August 08, 2021 @ 02:59 AM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

Motif XS8 User here.

I’ve look through the archives but cannot seem to find a clear answer to my question. I’m working in Pattern Mode using “Power Standard Kit 1” as my drums.  I would like for the Crash Cymbal and High Hat to be a tad bit louder.  It is my understanding that I can go to “Voice Mode” then pressing the Track Select button to edit the parameters.  Unless I’m mistaken, that would be a permanent change to the entire kit.

What I want to do while working in Pattern Mode is increase those items that I want louder only for that song and not permanently. Does anyone know if that can be accomplished?

Thanks,

Toney

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2021 @ 06:27 AM
moxs625
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-26-2021

What about simply increasing the volume of the drum elements in your DAW or programmer?

Or you could use the Yamaha Motif XS Editor. Your goal is not to permanently write the edited drum kit into a location, so you would use the editor to change the volumes on certain drum elements then use the save operation under the File menu in the editor. Then each time you want to retrieve the edited drumkit you would load the saved file and sync the Motif XS to the editor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 09, 2021 @ 09:10 AM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

Are you trying to make the whole drum set louder, or just parts of it?

Are you trying to make it louder permanently for all songs, or just louder in a particular song?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can’t record midi in Mixing mode
Next Topic:

Motif XS sounds out of tune ››