mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need Method for ADDING Reverb to Part Mid Song"

Posted on: July 13, 2021 @ 10:44 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Probably a simple request, but just something I haven’t done before and I suspect there may be more then one method, which is cool cause I learn something. 

I have a Song that I want to put a LOT of REVERB on the Piano Part at two different sections. And after each Hyper Reverb section I then want to go back to my “regular” EF Send. 

I’ve BEEN using the same Piano Voice on a 2nd Part/Track altogether and hitting the buttons to make the change-over. It works perfect (I can even hold Sustain and the parts cross seamlessly, though that ability is not essential) but I’d rather program things so the change simply happens under my fingers. 

But now I’ve run out of empty tracks so I’m looking for another (probably better) method. It would be cool if the Hyper Reverse was a whole “other” Reverb, but really I just want a lot of Reverb for a few seconds so it can be the SAME Reverb I’m using for the System/Song. 

I suspect I need to use a CC event but wasn’t sure if that can be linked to an Insert effect (should I change my mind about using the System Reverb). Would I use one of the Effects for this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2021 @ 09:39 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

For the time being I’ve resorted to using SCN. It’s a slight improvement since it avoids using up a Part and the SCN buttons are easier to get at mid-song.

But I’m still hoping to find a more straight-forward method, if anyone cares to share.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 16, 2021 @ 09:07 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

The Scene (SCN) buttons are one of the best and clean ways to do that.

You could also possibly use custom control arpeggios.

The idea is you record turning the reverb button up or down at various places during a measure.  without playing notes.  Just record the control changes ( that’s what makes it a control arpeggio), its a simple version of motion control.

Then assign the arpeggio to a part (piano in your case) and the arpeggio will apply the reverb at the point in the measure where you recorded it to the part.

Here’s one of the Motifator articles on the subject, there are others.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explored_part_i

It takes some practice to get this down, but its another way of applying articulations, effects, etc to a part automatically.

The motion control on the Montage works similarly to control arps.

[ Ignore ]