mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Keeping track of SONG versions - Metadata for SONGS?"

Posted on: May 16, 2021 @ 10:59 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’m in the process of cleaning up various ALL SONG files and I’m wishing there was some way to simply look at two versions of the same SONG that might appear in two different ALL SONG files and instantly know which was the most recent version.

ALL SONG files get Date/Time stamped, but that happens whenever you do even the most minor thing, and it doesn’t tell you anything about the files contained inside.

I do all my arranging and recording of a given song within a single ALL SONG file, so that the consecutive numbering reflects the order of refinements and I sometimes add 1 or 2 to the name of the song to further differentiate. BUT if I have for some reason copied the Song to an ALL SONG with other Songs for some purpose, I may not know for sure anymore WHICH version it is.

So.... 

Is there any way of viewing in the MOXF itself or on a computer or within a piece of software (for instance, something like Melas Total Librarian) a Song with it’s own more precise meta-data? Is that information imbedded but just harder to get at? 

I think I know the answer, but it’s an obvious question that I’ve just never thought to ask.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2021 @ 12:14 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Since the Motif-family models don’t have activated real time
clocks, there is no way date/time could be embedded in file data.

I said “activated” because while the Toshiba TX4939 processor used in the XS and XF has a battery backed-up real time clock (RTC) on the chip, Yamaha elected not to implement that feature. I don’t believe the Renesas CPU used in the MOXF even has RTC available. All data that’s retained is done so via non-volatile memory - that, of course, doesn’t require a battery, which apparently was Yamaha’s goal.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Control of Roland Synths
Next Topic:

Does Melas Total Librarian require a driver? ››