mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ksounds $ or Montage $$$$"

Posted on: April 30, 2021 @ 06:23 PM
jtoubeaux
Total Posts:  13
Joined  04-30-2021

Okay, now that I have updated my ES8 to OS 1.08 and figured out how to load/save USR sounds into my ES8, are any of the Ksounds packs worth the purchase? The sounds on their demo page are fantastic. I am thinking of upgrading eventually to a Montage but shelling out 4K is not much of an option for me at the moment and if I can get away with only spending about 100 bones or so that sounds better to me right now. I am interested in Ksounds’ Artikulation pack as I do a lot of instrumental/score composing and I was looking to update my sounds. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2021 @ 08:32 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
jtoubeaux - 30 April 2021 06:23 PM

Okay, now that I have updated my ES8 to OS 1.08 and figured out how to load/save USR sounds into my ES8, are any of the Ksounds packs worth the purchase? The sounds on their demo page are fantastic. I am thinking of upgrading eventually to a Montage but shelling out 4K is not much of an option for me at the moment and if I can get away with only spending about 100 bones or so that sounds better to me right now. I am interested in Ksounds’ Artikulation pack as I do a lot of instrumental/score composing and I was looking to update my sounds. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Do you currently do your instrumental/score composing using the Motif’s stock samples, or are you using some of the ES voices libraries that are on Motifator?

I do a lot of instrument/score composing and I’m able to get pretty solid results from stock samples on my Motif XF, although I have added the Garritan Libraries that fill in gaps in the XF’s samples.

How do the Artikulation sounds woodwinds etc, compare the ES sounds?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2021 @ 08:59 PM
jtoubeaux
Joined  04-30-2021
lastmonk - 01 May 2021 08:32 PM
jtoubeaux - 30 April 2021 06:23 PM

Do you currently do your instrumental/score composing using the Motif’s stock samples, or are you using some of the ES voices libraries that are on Motifator?

I do a lot of instrument/score composing and I’m able to get pretty solid results from stock samples on my Motif XF, although I have added the Garritan Libraries that fill in gaps in the XF’s samples.

How do the Artikulation sounds woodwinds etc, compare the ES sounds?

Right now I am using the stock ES voice library. My understanding is the XF is a significant upgrade in sound quality from the ES but I am pretty happy with my ES sound mixes, I just want better (more realistic) sounds. I am beginning to look into adding some voice libraries but I am unsure what to add. From the Artikulation demo on k-sounds it seems many of the orchestral voices are an improvement from my stock ES. Some are not but most seem to be. They can be used with an expression pedal or breath controller as well. I do not know what the Garritan libraries are.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2021 @ 10:07 PM
lastmonk
Joined  12-17-2013

Here is the Garritan

https://shop.motifator.com/voice-libraries/motif-xf/garritan-gpo-lite-for-motif-xs-xf.html

Sry, it looks like this is only for the XF/XS.  It is a high quality sample library. Have you already checked out the other sample libraries for the ES on the Motifator store?

I’ve never had the chance to hear the ES, but I have a MM8 which has the sounds of the original Motif, and I use my MM8 in conjunction with Finale for orchestration and composition. So where my MM8 sounds need a boost I complement them with the Garritan samples in Finale.

https://www.finalemusic.com/

Finale comes with the Garritan sample libraries.  It is fairly easy to integrate Finale and the Motif.  And Finale is a nice tool for composing and orchestration

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2021 @ 10:49 PM
jtoubeaux
Joined  04-30-2021
lastmonk - 01 May 2021 10:07 PM

Here is the Garritan

https://shop.motifator.com/voice-libraries/motif-xf/garritan-gpo-lite-for-motif-xs-xf.html

Sry, it looks like this is only for the XF/XS.  It is a high quality sample library. Have you already checked out the other sample libraries for the ES on the Motifator store?

I’ve never had the chance to hear the ES, but I have a MM8 which has the sounds of the original Motif, and I use my MM8 in conjunction with Finale for orchestration and composition. So where my MM8 sounds need a boost I complement them with the Garritan samples in Finale.

https://www.finalemusic.com/

Finale comes with the Garritan sample libraries.  It is fairly easy to integrate Finale and the Motif.  And Finale is a nice tool for composing and orchestration

No worries.

I have started looking at some D/L sound kits but I will keep looking. The ES line is solid but from 2003 so I am positive there have been significant improvements in the realism of many sounds. It is one of the easiest sequencing keyboards I have ever used though and it is a breeze to sequence/record my compositions. I can export via sample to WAV which gives an excellent clean sound. I have used finale before and thoroughly enjoyed it, I may have to look at it again .

Thanks so much for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2021 @ 11:27 PM
lastmonk
Joined  12-17-2013

Yea The Midi capability that has been added to Finale is significant.  At this point Finale can almost be used as a DAW.

The midi patch management allows me to mix my Motif/MM8 samples with the Garritan Samples and direct audio output to my Motif/MM8.

So for example, the Garritan library has a nice Bass Clarinet, and 2nd Contrabassoon sample they both fill out the clarinet samples on my MM8.  The Midi integration in Finale now is for the most part very functional.

When I need to do very large orchestral sequences, I do them a section at a time on my Motif/Mox/MM8 and combine all of the sections into the complete composition in Finale (which can hold HUGE sequences) and play them back to the Motif/Mox sequencer.

I’m not a DAW person and I do 95% of my Sequencing on the Motif, but if I have very large sequences, or if I need to supplement the samples in my Motif/Mox/MM8, I find that Finale works.  Finale has also added audio tracks LOL.

Cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2021 @ 01:15 PM
jtoubeaux
Joined  04-30-2021

I’m not a DAW person either. I like your method, seems straightforward. I do my score sequences mostly a section at a time as well, though at times I do find it a bit easier to lay some tracks all at once (maybe like a bassoon) of course it depends on the piece.

Thanks for your assistance. I may end up just upgrading to an XF or XS if I can find one.

[ Ignore ]