mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif 7 Classic - Windows 10 Driver and Firmware Update?"

Posted on: April 08, 2021 @ 02:18 PM
TheMiscreant
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-06-2020

Hi everyone,

I’ve been poking around and having a hard time finding answers to two questions:

1. Checking firmware on Motif 7. The handbook says go to Utility then press ‘Information’. But the firmware version is not indicated in this window. Any tips?

2. I am looking for drivers but am unsure which ones to use from the drivers page on Yamaha’s site. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2021 @ 07:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
TheMiscreant - 08 April 2021 02:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I’ve been poking around and having a hard time finding answers to two questions:

1. Checking firmware on Motif 7. The handbook says go to Utility then press ‘Information’. But the firmware version is not indicated in this window. Any tips?

A link to to version 1.90 OS for the Motif Classic is avialable here:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_operating_system_19

In that file is a “readme”, which includes the following…
Confirming the current Firmware version:
Turn on the unit power while pressing the [REC] and [STORE] buttons simultaneously.
The following message will appear:
Current Version Kernel :  1.xx
Firm :  1.xx

The unit version is indicated by “Firm:  1.xx”.
*You can leave this “Version confirmation screen” by turning off the power.

TheMiscreant -

2. I am looking for drivers but am unsure which ones to use from the drivers page on Yamaha’s site. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Drivers are specific to both the Motif model and the computer you’re using. Unfortunately, you neglected to provide computer info in your member profile.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Firmware 1.9 Update -- Wrong file type in Mac download?
Next Topic:

Can it be done? ››