mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif 6: Voice vs Pattern/Song Sound Quallity"

Posted on: January 12, 2020 @ 11:28 PM
forty-2
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-12-2020

Hello -
I am noticing a distinct & repeatable quality discrepancy between a voice in voice mode vs a voice in pattern or song mode.  In voice mode they sound as expected, but in either a pattern or song mix they sound worse; it sounds a little more distant/tinny/starved - as if slightly comb filtered.  There is no EQ applied beyond what’s in the native voice.

Can anyone corroborate, confirm, or explain this?

thank you!
Paul

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2020 @ 12:06 AM
Heinzsight
Total Posts:  33
Joined  02-11-2018

Hello forty-2.

The issue is that only one track in pattern or song mode can have all of the effects that it usually has in voice mode. If you are in pattern mode, and hit mixing, then hit edit , then go to the effect menu , it will tell you which track has the voice mode effects (usually defaults at Part 1) . The rest of the tracks will have to sound as dry as you mentioned because only one track can have the voice mode effects. The rest you have to enhance with Variation effects or reverb and chorus effects in mixing in the pattern or song mode. Hope this helps

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2020 @ 05:07 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
forty-2 - 12 January 2020 11:28 PM

Hello -
I am noticing a distinct & repeatable quality discrepancy between a voice in voice mode vs a voice in pattern or song mode.  In voice mode they sound as expected, but in either a pattern or song mix they sound worse; it sounds a little more distant/tinny/starved - as if slightly comb filtered. [...]

Welcome to the forum.

The difference is typically due to missing Insertion or System Effects.
This thread may help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478123/
Be sure to see the linked support article…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/introducing_the_motif_classic_effects

Later Motif models allowed Insertion Effects to be applied to more of the Voices/Parts in Performances and Song/Pattern Mixings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2020 @ 12:41 PM
forty-2
Joined  01-12-2020

Thank you both - Sorry I forgot to mention: There is a noticeable difference between sounds even when the Effects are bypassed. I’ll see if I can’t get some recordings up tonight.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2020 @ 01:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
forty-2 - 13 January 2020 12:41 PM

Thank you both - Sorry I forgot to mention: There is a noticeable difference between sounds even when the Effects are bypassed. I’ll see if I can’t get some recordings up tonight.

You’re welcome.

There’s no need to post recordings. Besides effects issues, early Motif versions didn’t copy all Parameters of a Voice to a Part in a Performance or Mixing. Later models have “Parameter with Voice”, which can be turned on in order to resolve that situation.

You’ve neglected to provide any information in your member profile, so we can’t determine which computer platform or OS you’re running. If you’re using a compatible Windows OS, the free John Melas “Voice Copier” software can help…
http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/tools.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2020 @ 11:20 PM
forty-2
Joined  01-12-2020

I was using unaltered factory presets (Natural Grand & Jazz Kit). It was most noticeable on the ride cymbal, and I think I’ve tracked it down to the filter settings under [Mix] -> [Edit]. I’m not clear on how these filter settings accessible in the mix edit are related to or differ from the filter settings which I thought were a part of the voice. Back to the manual!
thanks again 5Pin.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG AP
Next Topic:

Greetings Motifatians! ››