mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO6/8 Instrument Defintion File Creator"

Posted on: December 24, 2015 @ 03:53 PM
larrybud
Total Posts:  9
Joined  01-01-2011

Hey all, just got back into playing with my MO8.  I’m also a software developer, and I wrote a windows program to create an instrument definition file which Sonar/Cakewalk can use based on the banks in your system. 

Since I only have 1 laptop, and one keyboard, and don’t know anyone else who has this keyboard, I certainly don’t have any way to test it beyond what I have.

So I’ve attached the program here, as well as the instrument file which I created off of my keyboard.  I haven’t changed any user presets so this .INS file should work for any of you with the stock MO if you don’t want to run the program yourself.

However, I wouldn’t mind some testers.  Instructions are included on the screen.  I’ve also included a screen shot of the app.  Pretty simple to use:

First, just unzip it into a folder of your choosing (I didn’t write an install for this), and double click on “YamahaMOInstrument.exe” to run it.  Then

1) Hook up your midi connections
2) Click Browse to choose/enter your .INS file name
3) Enter an Instrument Name
4) All of the banks are selected by default, but if you want to only download certain banks, you can unselect those you don’t want.
5) Click on “Start Transfer”

Takes 3-4 minutes to transfer the entire keyboard’s info, and saves it to the file you specified.

Please let me know if you’ve tried it, and any successes or failures that you have.

Image Attachments
screenshot.png
File Attachments
Yamaha MO Instrument Definition Creator.zip  (File Size: 107KB - Downloads: 506)
Yahama MO8 Defintion.zip  (File Size: 12KB - Downloads: 622)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2015 @ 08:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

First, thanks for making your program available. I also sometimes develop software for synths (see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472111/), and I think this sort of thing should be encouraged.

Hopefully those who use a MO and run Windows will find your program useful and indicate their appreciation. I don’t have a MO myself, but I was curious to take a look. Unfortunately, the program failed to run, complaining that mscoree.dll couldn’t be found. The PC I attempted to run the program on is admittedly dated - it’s got Win 2k SP4 installed. So that begs some questions…

What are the requirements for running the program? If I find mscoree.dll and properly place it in the path, will the program run under Win 2k, or is XP (or other version) the oldest OS possible? Is .NET Framework needed?

Please let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2015 @ 01:26 AM
larrybud
Total Posts:  9
Joined  01-01-2011

Hey 5pinDin, thanks for the feedback and your system information.

My fault, I assumed everyone had the .NET Framework installed on their machine!  You need .NET version 4.0.  You can download the framework from Microsoft:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa496123

You can also download the latest 4.6.1, which includes 4.0, and if you ever use a program which requires 4.5 or 4.6, you’ll be all set for that.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Easy Fine Tune Adjust
Next Topic:

Control string "velocity" with FC7? ››