mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "80s pop rock volumes 1 and 2 for the Motif XF"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 04:42 PM
cseymour
Total Posts:  30
Joined  11-22-2009

Hello,
I purchased 2 awesome files from Richard Pearl about 3 years ago. All 80s sounds and they are really good.  I have had them installed about 3 years now and some of the sounds somehow got lost, so I reloaded 1 of the files and lost everything. I have sounds from both files that I use, but when I keep installing them, they keep overwriting each other. I cant remember how I got around this when I first installed all the files, but now am in a jam. Any help would be appreciated. Both files are on a USB stick.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 05:18 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are two ways you could resolve your problem. You could selectively load either an entire Bank or individual Voices to User locations of your choice.

One method would be to first load one of the two 80’s libraries “All” files as load Type “all”. Then with the other 80’s library, set the load Type to “1bankvoice” and direct the appropriate Bank from its file to a User Bank different from where the previous file loaded its 80’s sounds.

The other possibility would be to load individual Voices to specific User locations you chose.

See the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531), beginning at the right-hand column on page 243 for details.

Any Performances from the library loaded second would have to be individually loaded (see page 245 of the Reference Manual), and then likely edited to change the Bank where the User Voices were located.

Third party software could make the above easier.

Be sure to make a backup “All” file when you’re done, so that if you have a problem again, you’ll have just one file to easily reload.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 06:56 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

Thank You. I tried it to no avail. I also thought of that and tried it. There must be a setting in the keyboard that is wrong is my guess. I can load up each file no problem, but they overwrite each other. Like I said, I made it work 3 years ago, but now forgot how I did it. I may have used the yamaha software..... I cant remember and dont have it anymore. Any other ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 07:42 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

If you load both of the files as Type “all”, they will overwrite each other. On the other hand, if the files are loaded as I described and as detailed in the Reference Manual pages I suggested, the Voices can be loaded to different User Banks. I can probably “talk” you through this.

What is the exact full name of the two 80’s Pop/Rock files you have?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 07:53 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

80 xs XOA & 80s2XF.n3f.X3A. I will give you my number if you want :)
Thnaks
Chris

PS they are 80s pop rock Soundset volume II and 80s poprock

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 08:50 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cseymour - 25 October 2015 07:53 PM

80 xs XOA & 80s2XF.n3f.X3A.

First I’d like to verify that what you have agrees with my own files and information, so that I don’t mislead you…

80S_XS.X0A (XS version of Vol I):
Voices USER1 A1~G16
Performances USER1 A1~B8

80s2XF.n3f.X3A (XF version, which I don’t have)
I have the XS version of Vol II:
Voices USER3 A1~F7
Performances USER2 A1~A8

Please check and post whether the above Voice and Performance locations are what you get when loading the files you have. If different, please provide the locations. Once we determine that, I can give specific instructions.

cseymour -

I will give you my number if you want :)

Got your PM, but let’s try this method.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 09:38 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

I think I may have gotten it. Thanks for your help..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2015 @ 09:41 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cseymour - 25 October 2015 09:38 PM

I think I may have gotten it. Thanks for your help..

OK, good, you’re welcome. If there’s still something needing attention, just post again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2015 @ 05:23 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

All of the voices from both files are loaded and work. I have a few performance files that dont want to load for some reason and now I dont see them when I am looking at the screen on the XF. Missing wanted dead or alive, the arp file for take me home, that was yesterday, waiting, born to be. Not sure what happened to them.
Thanks,
Chris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2015 @ 05:25 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

Also yes, those are the files that I have loaded into those locations.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2015 @ 11:20 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
cseymour - 26 October 2015 05:23 PM

All of the voices from both files are loaded and work. I have a few performance files that dont want to load for some reason and now I dont see them when I am looking at the screen on the XF. Missing wanted dead or alive, the arp file for take me home, that was yesterday, waiting, born to be. Not sure what happened to them.
Thanks,
Chris

User arps will only load if the file type is set to All, or All Arpeggio if you have such a file created.  User arps cannot be loaded individually nor from a file when type is set to Voice/1BankVoice. Since there are User arps included in Pop/Rock2, you may wish to load this first as an All file. There are no user arps in Pop/Rock1.

It may be helpful to note that PR1 has it’s voice and performance data located in user 1 of their respective modes.
PR2 has it’s voices located in user3, while it’s performance data is located in user2.

I’m not sure what is missing from Wanted, if you mean the voices or performance. The 3 voices that make up the performance are E08-E10. The performance, as noted, can be found in performance user2 of the same file, (A05). Care must be taken when loading individual performances to ensure that they reference the proper locations of the voices that make up the performance.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2015 @ 11:58 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cseymour - 26 October 2015 05:23 PM

All of the voices from both files are loaded and work. I have a few performance files that dont want to load for some reason and now I dont see them when I am looking at the screen on the XF.

I’m not sure what you mean. What happens when you try to load those Performances?

cseymour -

Missing wanted dead or alive, the arp file for take me home, that was yesterday, waiting, born to be. Not sure what happened to them.

Arps only load when the Type is set to “all”, or from an “all arpeggio” file. From your description, it appears that you loaded the Volume I file first, then used “1bankvoice” to load Volume II Voices. Only Volume II has User arps, so if you load it first as Type “all” and then use “1bankvoice” to load Volume I, the arps for Volume II will be there.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/459171/ and perhaps consider getting the John Melas software.

There’s another way to get the arps. I hope you’ve saved an “all” file of your currently loaded 80’s Programs. If not, please do so before attempting the following…
1) Load the Volume II file as Type “all”.
2) Save an “all arpeggio” file.
3) Load your previously saved “All” file.
4) Load the “all arpeggio” file.
5) Verify that the “missing” arps now work.
6) Save a new “all” file.

EDIT: stoneb3 posted while I got distracted.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2015 @ 10:06 PM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

Thanks for everyones help. All the voices are loaded and work. The problem I am now having is the performance files. Whatever file I load 2nd overwrites the 1st file in performance. If I go to load performance only, I dont see them, just a bunch of other sounds. Not sure why this is so hard. Should be straight forward and I had everything loaded until I lost a voice and had to reload volume 1 and all the problems started. Also if I load “all” from volume 1, the arp file loads no problem. The second I load the voices from volume 2, its gone. Also if I try to load just the arp file, it isnt there on its own. That screen is empty. Its put away now, and will get me thru this weekend, but would like to get this solved after the weekend. Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2015 @ 11:19 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cseymour - 29 October 2015 10:06 PM

[...] The problem I am now having is the performance files. Whatever file I load 2nd overwrites the 1st file in performance. If I go to load performance only, I dont see them, just a bunch of other sounds.[...]

Individual Performances can be loaded from an “All” file, as can an entire Bank of 128, but there are no such things as “performance files”.

The procedure on page 245 of the XF Reference Manual works if followed correctly.

Press [PERFORM]
Press [FILE]
Set Type to “performance”
Select the destination Bank, USR1~USR4
Select the Performance number 001~128, or “all” (one past “128")
Select the file to load
Press [ENTER]
Select the source Bank, press [USER 1]~[USER 4] to choose which one
Select the Performance to load if “all” wasn’t previously selected
Press [SF2](Load)
Press [INC/YES]

As to the arps, there are no separate arp “files” - your usage of that term is confusing. As previously explained, the order in which you load the files determines what happens with the arps.

If the above doesn’t help, I suggest that you get the Melas software, which should make the process easier.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2015 @ 06:20 AM
cseymour
Joined  11-22-2009

Thanks. I guess I am going to have t get the software. I did that exact thing last night to no avail. I even thought the file may have been corrupted, and redown loaded it from my saved email with the file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2015 @ 07:26 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Getting the Melas software should allow you to more readily do what you need. It should help resolve the problems you’ve had with both Performances and Arps being overwritten.

I should clarify a statement I previously made, As to the arps, there are no separate arp “files”. I was referring to the specific 80s Pop/Rock libraries we’ve been discussing, and what I said is true for them to the best of my knowledge. There can be, of course, .X0G (for the XS) and .X3G (for the XF) arp-only files.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 512 Flash board
Next Topic:

moving from ES to XF ››