mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I am new to this"

Posted on: August 31, 2015 @ 01:40 PM
printer221
Total Posts:  26
Joined  08-05-2015

I just bought a motif es so I am completely knew to recording. I have a song that I recorded and I want to see how I can transfer this over to my computer so I can have it as an mp3 file. I have loops of drums, bass, guitar, and strings, I would just record over it live with a piano. Can anyone please help me? It would be much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2015 @ 03:04 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hi and Welcome!

You have to convert the file (and your live playing) into digital somehow. If you have sample memory installed you could do this directly on your Motif and then transfer the wave file over to a computer and convert it to an mp3. But equally if you’re going to do this a lot and/or you don’t have sample memory, you would be advised to get a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, i.e. computer and audio recording software package) and interface so you can just ‘record,’ using the Motif’s audio outputs into a DAW via an interface. Once in most any DAW you will be able to convert a wave file into an mp3. You can even convert a wave file into an mp3 directly in iTunes if you need. And if you are an Apple owner you can also just record into GarageBand though you will still need an interface to go from Motif into the computer.

If you need to know which interface to get? There are many, many to choose from. If you’re unlikely to want to record anything more complex than 2 tracks from your Motif then simply purchase a simple interface according to your budget. It’s not going to be that crucial. If you think you may want to get more ambitious in time then you should do some more research as interfaces can come in many different sizes, format offerings and prices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2015 @ 06:25 PM
printer221
Total Posts:  26
Joined  08-05-2015

I’ll stay trying some programs thanks.

[ Ignore ]