mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Newbee recording Motif ES to Tascam DP-24"

Posted on: November 14, 2013 @ 06:24 PM
michaelzapin
Total Posts:  17
Joined  05-31-2005

I just bought the Tascam DP-24 and so far I like it. Here’s my basic question.  I’m realizing now both the motif and the DP-24 use a metronome. My thinking was I could just plug two quarter jacks out from the motif and into the DP24 to record my sequences. Now matter how hard I try to hit “play” in time, at some point, they fall out of sync.  I’m guessing I need to also use a midi cable to sync? (yes, I’m really a beginner with this stuff). I’m hoping by being able to punch in/out on the DP-24 I can smooth out my section transitions that “hiccup” on the motif when parts change but obviously everything needs to be in sync.  Can anyone offer any guidance on the appropriate connections here?  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2013 @ 07:58 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Devices like the DP24 typically send clock out via MIDI. You need to look in the documentation that comes with the DP24 and find out if it sends standard MIDI clock or MTC

Either way you can use this to send clock information to the Motif. The Motif needs to be set the appropriate MIDI Sync setting and SEQ CONTROL = IN

This will allow you to synchronize the two units so they remain sync’d throughout.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2013 @ 11:18 PM
michaelzapin
Total Posts:  17
Joined  05-31-2005

Right again BM. It has clock and mtc. I putskied around with it and got it to sync. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Apple Mac mini
Next Topic:

audio-midi setup YSFW control volume ››