mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Effect routing and different voice allocation possibility in sequencer"

Posted on: January 26, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
djuice
Total Posts:  125
Joined  04-06-2011

I have two questions:
- I known from my old Korg Trinity ws. also, that it possible routing one FX to more midi tracks in the sequencer.
Eg: 1st track use an EQ or reverb and this FX be connected to other midi tracks. (as a mixer AUX)
How to do this at MO?

- Otherwise, is it possible, that I set a voice to a midi track at a selection in Pattern mode, and another one to the same midi track at other selection? Eg. selection “A”, 1st midi track - piano, and selection “B”, 1st midi track - string.
How to store, that same track uses different timbres at different Pattern selections?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2012 @ 10:49 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

- I known from my old Korg Trinity ws. also, that it possible routing one FX to more midi tracks in the sequencer.
Eg: 1st track use an EQ or reverb and this FX be connected to other midi tracks. (as a mixer AUX)
How to do this at MO?

In the MO you cannot route MIDI tracks anywhere (nor would you want to). What you do if you have been trying to figure this out on your own, what you want to do is route the PART to the Effects.

Tracks are in the sequencer, they receive/transmit MIDI data
Parts are Voices from the MO tone generator - they create audio and can be routed to effects, etc.

MIDI data is found on the Tracks in the MO6/MO8 and MIDI data makes no sound.
The MIDI data of the Track is routed to a MO function called the “PART”. It is the PART that makes sound, it is the PART parameters where you will find how each of the 16 PARTS can be routed to the Reverb via a “Reverb Send” parameter. And each of the 16 PARTS can be routed to the Chorus processor via the a “Chorus Send” parameter. Additionally, any 3 PARTS can have their dual INSERTION EFFECT processors active in a SONG or PATTERN MIXING setup

The REVERB SEND and CHORUS SEND are exactly like auxiliary sends on a mixing console.

Unlike other workstations, Yamaha does not only provide you EQ as an effect… any decent mixer would have EQ available for each individual channel. The MO has a 3-band EQ for each PART

When you are in MIXING mode you have access to the MO Mixer
Press [EDIT]
Press a numbered button [1]-[16] to select the PART you want to edit
Press [F3] EQ
This is your 3-band EQ for the PART.

Press [F2] OUTPUT
Press [SF2] EFF SEND (Effect Send)

Of course you can use the front panel knobs to directly affect the REVERB SEND and CHORUS SEND. When you select a PART via the FRONT panel [1]-[16] buttons you can apply the knobs to just that PART. So say you select PART 7 by pressing [7], the knobs in the left front panel will be affecting PART 7.

- Otherwise, is it possible, that I set a voice to a midi track at a selection in Pattern mode, and another one to the same midi track at other selection? Eg. selection “A”, 1st midi track - piano, and selection “B”, 1st midi track - string.
How to store, that same track uses different timbres at different Pattern selections?

Sorry, I don’t understand the question.

But there is never a good reason to change instruments on a Track. A track is a convenient place where you can record data for a particular instrument. If Track 1 is Piano in SECTION A, it is logical to organize all of the data for the piano on Track 1. If you want to use Strings as an instrument in your composition it is logical to organize all of the data for the Strings on a separate track.

Doing anything different is, simply, illogical… I’m not saying you could not do it, you certainly can - but that does not stop it from being illogical.

If your goal is to switch sounds so that the effects change ? ?  why not go about this another way. but again I don’t understand the question. Sorry.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2015 @ 07:36 PM
djuice
Total Posts:  125
Joined  04-06-2011

Dear B.Mister,

Turn back to these questions for it my friend please, who use now an MO synth.

1st.
My knowledge from the sequencer effect setting comes from my first workstation synth using, it was a Korg Trinity.
In seq. mode of this synth, we can use an insert fx for any midi tracks at same time. Eg.: an EQ also is an insert fx, like overdrive, phaser etc. If on the 1st. midi track use an overdrive fx for an e.guitar sound, this fx input possible routing to other seq. midi tracks also, like a hammond organ sound, wurly, rhodes… I wrote for this it, that it works like a consol mixer aux for channel insert fxs.
(Note: The Korg workstations can’t load the fx settings and routings automatically with a selected sound program in seq. mode like at the Yamaha!!! This procedure is full manualy by “effect copy” option from the bank stored preset sounds.)

I think, the MO or other Yamaha workstations (like Motif, MOX etc.) don’t content this routing option for insert fxs on seq. tracks.

2nd.
Also from the Korg philosophy, in some demo songs apply sound exchange by program change on one midi track one after another. Eg.: first it playing an intro with piano sound, then change to a sax, etc. on the same seq. midi track. This often labeled to “SOLO TRACK” also at Korg. The seq. track name option allows it. Therefore, it not allways use separately instrument tracks on a song. The midi program change definition allows sound changeing anywhere.

My question for this, that is it possible to set different voices on same track, at several selections in a song on MO?
The prg.chng. editing method on a track is knowed, but how can we use in song/pattern mixer mode to register voices for different selections with other way?

Thank You!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2015 @ 08:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
djuice - 29 November 2015 07:36 PM

[...]My question for this, that is it possible to set different voices on same track, at several selections in a song on MO?

A program change can occur where desired. If not recorded in real time (see page 138 of the MO Owner’s Manual, Overdub), it can also be inserted by editing the Event List (see page 90 of the Owner’s Manual).

This might also help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/in/viewthread/475376/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Explanation?
Next Topic:

MO8 volume ››