mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi Port 3 and FW on the XS6"

Posted on: December 09, 2011 @ 04:51 PM
dunai
Total Posts:  10
Joined  08-21-2005

I’ve hooked up a midi cable from my XS6 MIDI out to MIDI in on another sound module. The XS6 is hooked up through a FW cable to Logic. I have midi tracks in Logic which are on MIDI Port 1 that trigger my XS6 in song mode. No issues! I have one specific MIDI track which I change to MIDI Port 3. I play that track and it does in fact trigger the external module that is hooked up to my XS6. No issues!

My problem is that when I change the MIDI Port from 1 to 3. All the tracks change from 1 to 3. I can’t seam to have different tracks assigned to different Ports? Don’t quite understand what’s going on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 11, 2011 @ 11:16 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

You cannot receive help without detailed information about your setup (what is plugged into what, XS settings and Logic settings). That’s the starting point to finding out what may be going on. And please clarify the names of the MIDI ports you are referring to and I’ll get back to you…

Also, one of the first troubleshooting steps is to see if it happens in a new project. If so, trash Logic’s preferences and try again…

[ Ignore ]